675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

C spanner?

Discussion in 'General' started by mike675se, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mike675se

mike675se

Hi ya guys I was just wondering if any body has got a tool kit for thier 675? The guy back at the garage says that the only tool they come with is the screwdriver under the rear pillion seat! Bizare as you need an allen key to get it off :?

I was gonna have a play around with my rear pre load but the only c spanner I've got is from a speed triple and is too big. Has any body bought an after market one?

Cheers

2. Stu

Stu

The other part of the toolkit is the allen key under the riders seat so you can get to the screw driver. No expense spared eh.

I've never messed with the pre load so no c spanner here. :)

3. mike675se

mike675se

To be honest the standard setup is pretty good for me on both road and track. I just like to have a little tinker on a sunday, if you know what I mean.

BTW if any one has found the 'perfect' set up what is it? I'm 15 st and ride mainly a/b roads

cheers

4. Daytonadave

Daytonadave

Just taken mine in for its service and inquired about the “tool kit” as handbook says its under the seat……………yep no tools except the Allen key and the screw driver and they do not even know why the screw driver is there unless you need to take number plate off! Tool Kit = AA/RAC breakdown cover

Interested to see if anyone have a setting for anyone that weighs 15 stone, mine is standard set-up at the moment but does dive under heavy breaking into corners, rear seems to be fine even when two up.