675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

can my day get any worse?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by andykb, Jul 1, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

ok after the ECU light coming on on the way into work this morning i though my day couldnt get any worse!

Well i was wrong!!

Air-con not working at the office
    Screw in my back tyre
    missed a ride out to Settle

Has any bothered with puncture repairs in the past i have plenty left the rear tyre and tbh cant afford a new tyre this month, so im looking to repair it.
    Its right in the centre of the tyre so i reckon they could sort it

2. If it was me I would repair it but get it replaced as soon as I could. It would always play on my mind

3. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I had a screw in my tyre when i had only done about 500 miles on it, right cheesed off!

I got the tyre repaired and happily soldiered on until it needed replacing 5000 miles later :)

If its in the centre, then i would definately get it repaired, its not worth the expense of replacement.

4. Stu

Stu

Finding anyone these days seems harder to find who will repair a z rated tyre. If it can be repaired then I'll ride on it with no worries.

5. ditto, exactly the same thing happened to me, it was fine. However i did get it replaced some time later before a track day, just didn't want it playing on my mind.

6. AcB46

AcB46

my dad has a puncture repair business i think it will cost you about 20 quid to repair if your interested.

7. D41

D41

WHAT!....Over here it's $100 to repair a puncture....and with a tyre being around the $150 range, few people bother with a repair.....I think maybe the shops do that simply to discourage repairs.

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Then you are being robbed, my Californian friend. $100!!! Wow!!! Have a great 4 July!!!!

9. bloody hell m8, over here a rear tyre is almost double that price.

10. What you pay £184 for a rear tyre, think you are being ripped off mate.

11. nah, getting meself mixed up again, getting old m8 ( note to self.... keep taking the tablets)