675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

carbon crash protection

Discussion in 'General' started by d8mok, Dec 9, 2009.

1. d8mok

d8mok

Im gonna get some crash protection. I was originally thinking of GB racing , as they seem well regarded, and they dont require any cutting of the fairing. However i found these on ebay. anyone got any opinions? i like carbon so thats a plus point, but whats the crash protection like

link -- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Crash-Bobbins-Tri ... 3a55a8feaf

2. I like those a lot, well looks wise, never heard or seen a review of them so no idea on how good they are.

3. d8mok

d8mok

yeh they certianly look the part. Just bought a carbon chain protector so would nice with my evr growing carbon collection. I'd also be interested in how well they fit.

4. If u like carbon d8mok have you seen the piccy of my hugger in my album?

5. d8mok

d8mok

yeh i saw it yesterday. Looks good, but i actually prefer the little one even though its useless. gonna get a carbon one from triumph one day soon.

6. Yeah, its the function of this one I like,

7. Rowly

Rowly

I had the full GB racing kit on my 675 and can't recommend it highly enough, the only down side is the price but you get what you pay for. The ebay ones look pretty cool also but check on customer feedback if there is any just as a precaution before you make your choice

8. I also love the GB racing stuff.

9. Is there a connections between the GB stuff and the T3 looks identical to me

10. Rowly

Rowly

I shall put that question to Mr Banks who is the MD of GB racing, I would agree they do look similar to the T3? maybe that they are made in the same factory but with the different logos?

11. Look forward to hearing the reply :)

12. Rowly

Rowly

Godzilla, the reply I got back from Graham Banks MD of GB racing,

"T3 are a totally separate company to us. However we do re-brand our engine case covers for a number of OEM companies (Crescent, Yamaha France, KTM UK, MSS Kawasaki ETC), T3 is one of these, so in essence they are the same product as ours".

Hope this clarifies matters, if you need more information please ask.
    So there's your answer Godzilla ;)