675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Chain stuff

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Edski675, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I lube it with dry lube. But I've got so fed up of fling and having a chain covered in crap. Then I saw Nige's chain last week - in pristine nick - he has a Scottoiler. As it's my birthday next week I decided that would be a great prez and ordererd one with a dual injector.

It arrived this morning. I arranged for it to be delivered here to the office. I'm itching to go home and fit it, only problem is it's a birthday prez for next week and I'm not even allowed to open the box :evil: Plus I have to go to Court this morning and I don't think the Judge would like it if I turned up in greasy jeans and DMs :lol:

The end of having a manky chain is in sight. Can't come soon enough.

Ed

2. I don't ever have a manky chain and I don't have a Scottoiler either - but much experience of them.

I regular wipe with kerozene (parafin) and a quick spray with clear BELRAY does the job. Dries well - er dry and no fling.

3. spike

spike

i use muckoff dry ptfe chain lube no gunk and no fling
    used this on my last 3 bikes and had no chain problems ;)