675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Chuffin' Screen

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Stu

Stu

So I spend over 400 quid on a helmet with great noise reduction and the screen is pushing the wind right up inside the lid. Cue a double bubble screen and a spare 10 minutes to fit it.

Not really. The bottom two securing rubber bits fell out and ended up behind the headlights. It took for ever to recover the bits. In the end I used a wire coat hanger with hooked end. Not a happy bunny. :evil:

2. JDB

JDB

......aahh - you should have turned the bike upside down and shaken then out!!!

Amusing to hear what happened - I did the exact same with my 600 Daytona a few years ago - and understand the frustration!

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Bet your glad its on now thow Stu................ No more head rattle over 90 ;) :geek: :ugeek:

4. fitted my double bubble, same thing, lost a couple rubber thingys...screen works a treat though, just need to try it over 130...roll on summer :twisted:

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:evil: Its Great all the way to 155............................ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tucked up on the tank. :cry: :evil: :twisted:

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I have an Aero that I haven't fitted. It's in that hellhole I call a garage. Must fish out.

7. Stu

Stu

I've only just calmed down now. God it really did wind me up :(

If only, I would have been done in 10 mins :)

8. Rowly

Rowly

Deep breaths Stu, now that you've told us all about your frustrating experience,
    those of us that have not changed the screen will now proceed with caution.
    So your efforts are not in vain, that's the benefit you get for been a member
    of a forum,you get to know about other peoples problems and learn from them.
    I am please you got the job done eventually ;)

9. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

lol, is kinda funny - it's the sort of thing that always happens to me; damn sods law! ;) As Rowly says least other people here now know to proceed with caution whilst fitting the screen :)

10. I want a new screen to fix this problem (I've got a lot of rides planned for summer with mates but they live in kent! so I have 300 miles of motorways before I get there).

Pleople are talking about Double Bubble and Aero screens, what's the difference and which would people recomend (including makes)

Thanks

11. Stu

Stu

Aero is a make of double bubble screen and ppl seem to like them. Mine's just a cheapy off of eBay.
    [​IMG]
    This is a supposed Aero sreen found here but it doesn't look very doubly Bubbly :(
    This is a Puig on eBay which is far more doubly bubbly. :)
    afiles.bs_motoparts.eu_images_puig_verkleidungsscheiben_4108n.jpg

12. powerbronze do one aswell. and theyre cheaper than puig

13. I just bought a Puig on e-bay. Its one of the few made using polycarbonate rather than acrylic which tends to scratch more easily.
    I went for the version with the nose section in black fading into smoke, with a 675 logo. Not sure how it will look in place but will post pics when its on.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the troublesome nuts...I'll be carefull :)

14. I'd apreciate the pictures. A new screen can sometimes ruin the look of the bike.

Thanks

15. Re: Chuffin' Screen.....FAO Stu!!

Hi Stu.

It would be great if this web site had a members register or a way to talk direct to a member. I'm a newb so if there is, then I apologise!

Stu, this one is for you! I notice your emblem and I'm curious to it's origin and significance. Is it anything to do with T3? My bike has it on the rear cowl and I've never seen it before, especially the way the flag breaks up. Any clues would be ace as I thought it was just a nifty one off.

Cheers, Jase

16. Stu

Stu

Hi Jase

There is no way to talk directly but conversations can be had by PM's (private message). As to the Shattered Flag. It's an orignal Triumph graphic and my first Triumph was a TT600 which had this graphic on the tail piece.
    [​IMG]
    I don't know which Triumph model first had the Shatted Flag on first but they always seemed to put a Union Jack on all their bikes right up to until the second Gulf war. The flags disappeared around this time so I feel it was a political decision.

stu

17. Where has our patriotic spirit gone? That said, when I got mine, it had a St Georges cross tank protector on it. I was advised to take it off if I intended riding in Scotland or Wales. It came off anyway as it was too wide when I fitted my stomp grips.

18. Rowly

Rowly

I now have an Arai Viper GT UK flag lid and proud to wear it, we are all to ready
    to accommodate certain groups for fear of upsetting them thats why our patriotic
    spirit has gone down the pan, Great Britain :?: :?: :?:

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Ho No my favourit subject...................

England, English and Proud. :cool:

You can be proud to be Scotish, Welsh or Irish but if your proud to be English your a racest..................... :?

I was going in the police a few years back and told as I had put nationality English on my application form I was classed as Broarder Line Racest.

What a load of Tosh................ We are a multi national country - politisions GET USED TO IT YOU CREATED US :D :D :D

20. Already noticing that my tank was scratching without the protector so bought another one today. Following on from the conversations in this topic, I got a Union Flag one!!

[​IMG]