675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Colour Comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Godzilla, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla

As this has been mentioned a couple of time previously by other people, I would like to say something.

All the posts about this colour is faster than this colour are now getting past the funny stage, past even the totally pointless stage, and even past the mindnumbingly boring stage.

In act the are beginning to pi$$ a few people off, me included. I just don't see the point when a decent thread degenerates to this same pointless boring exercise. And yes I will admit in the past I have made some colour comments, but I now believe it is time to drop this for the good of the forum.

I no longer want to spend ages reading through lots of pointless colour comments to find a bit of useful/interesting info.

Perhaps we can ban these comments or make a thread exclusively for them for the people who still find them remotely funny.

This is not meant to cause offence to anyone and is not meant to be inflammatory but just a comment as to what I believe is dragging the forum down.

2. andysjt

andysjt

ummm i know what you mean , but it is an open forum

3. Godzilla

Godzilla

But on most open forums there is an etiquette, and not hijacking threads is one of them.

4. graycat

graycat

as far as I can see colour comments are just a form of friendly banter and think nothing more of it.

Thread hijacking is something different though and is plain annoying. Not seen any of it on here as I'm still just a newbie but I'll take your word it goes on.

5. D41

D41

I'm with Godzilla on this one - call me Godzookie!!

6. Hang on.......Godzilla, you started a thread about colour, or at least not being able to get a certain colour bike on the forum overlay, so you havent just made 'some' comments, you pretty much brought the 'colour' chat to your doorstep, and now you aint happy about the direction its taken? (its known as progressive conversation that subjects will evolve due to input of both personalities and facts). Not a dig bro but people in glass houses and all that............

7. Godzilla

Godzilla

The reason I put that up was because I wanted to 'borrow' the images to make a splash screen for my sat nav.
    I haven't denied making any comments, but it was not in someone else's thread and totally off topic.
    I also suggested a thread exclusively for colour comments/jokes, so perhaps if you read posts fully and think about what they mean fully first. Not a dig, just a defence ....

8. To be fair...the colour "discussion" has been going on long before Godzilla's post on colour overlays.

I think that it doesn't matter which colour anyone has....it doesn't make a difference....how boring would it be if we all had the same.....

It's like my dad saying that if we turn of the heating in the house the weather will change....totally irrelevant! It will do what it wants....similarly, the bikes will go whatever spped they are going to go regardless of colour!

Apologies for the rubbish example.....but I am with you on this Godzilla....it's a pain to find useful info amongst comments on colour, and surely that is bad for the forum?

9. Still dont see why everyone has thier knickers in a twist about it, i visit the forum every few days, i believe it has decent enough info, people joke, take the p*ss and have a laugh, and in all fairness its in the 'off topic' which would cover anything from football to jokes.

Let whoever wants to debate colours crack on, its is after all an open forum, if we all had the same humour life would be pretty dire. As for understanding posts im pretty sure i got it right first time round, most have commented on something they are now pi**ed off about!?, in the garnd scheme of things i agree there are more useful bits of info to be posted up.

10. kingfixer

kingfixer

Well said blastout :clap:

11. andysjt

andysjt

plus one for me !!!!!

12. spike

spike

i still think blues the fastest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well seeing as where in off topic :twisted: :twisted: :eek:
    got to agree with blastout, well i must admit i do post my fair share of colour related posts but normally as a greeting to new members who join :D i cant say i have ever hijacked a thread with the colour issue and i cant recall many threads that have to be honest :?
    frankly you can call me juvenile but hey i am :cool: and its part of the reason i ride bikes i try and dare to be different lol
    there you go theres my pennies worth :D
    and i still think blues the fastest :cool:

13. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

#

Nope Spike, you're the fastest. I honestly think you're the fastest bloke I've ever ridden with. Faster than Ray and even faster than Ian, and that's saying something :D

14. davelad1959

davelad1959

RED!!!!!!!!!! is DEFINITELY!!!!! the fastest, just look at my pic of the "dim" headlight telltale (-: :twisted: :D :D :eek: :roll: :!: :lol:

15. D41

D41

While we're on the colour topic - I always liked the gold colour 675s - I think it's a pity that they discontinued it....very unique.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scorched yellow , the best , stands out more, better finish and women love it :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

The colour debate, I think there will be no ultimate colour that everyone agress on. I myself is a Tornado Red fan. Just thought I'd put my two cents on the topic of this thread. It's a open forum and I would like to encourage members to post anything and everything, whilst some threads go randomly off topic other threads provide a valuable resource from members who have a vast knowledge into biking. The colour topic is usually light hearted banter though the down point it does get a topic off topic easily. I thank Godzilla for pointing this out as member feedback is valuable and it's something for everyone to bare in mind. It's better members speak out than disappear to rival forums ;) I'll keep a beady eye, but would still like to encourage everyone to feel free to post anything that you feel fit's with the forum to keep this a active free forum. :)

18. Well over on daytona600.org , this color (for our American cousin`s) thing is still going after 6yr`s , it`s just a bit of fun , some find it the same all the time but when , all`s said and done the White one is just so fast , red my asre (?) , it`s white that`s hot ,,, discuss , or slag , you choose ....

19. D41

D41

Yep, the colour thing (for you Brits :lol: ) on d600.org pisses me off too.
    Sorry, but it's just a waste of time - I realize it's all in good fun & nothing is gonna satisfy everyone, but Goddammit - it's my right to complain! It's actually one of the few things I'm good at.
    Worstevie - I'm gonna let that remark about your primered-white bike slide....just because you're a Durham lad & your last bike was a better colour (ie. more yellowish).

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The whole colour thing is a bit of a waste of time along with ‘675's seen on the road’ I just don’t get the reason for mentioning either of them!

Wouldn’t it be better to applaud new members for choosing a 675 instead of going off on a colour tangent? :?