675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Condensation in Headlight?

Discussion in 'General' started by JDB, Mar 30, 2009.

1. JDB

JDB

Anyone else have problems with the main beam glass misting up during normal riding?
    Mine does and its worse if the weather is cooler.
    Triumph have said:
    "I have had a response from Mark Swepson Head of Triumph UK Warranty. They have had a look at the pics etc and have let me know that they cant help out under warranty.The misting can happen and is not a manufacturing or material defect.""

Doesn't seem right to me ie its not "normal" - obviously putting main beam on would dry it out - but be a little anti-social to others.

Thoughts? Same problem?

2. Stu

Stu

Both mine have done it. Never a problem and I've just learned to live with it.

3. Mine do it as well, when it's cold, so do my rear indicators. So far it's not been a problem, just looks a bit crap. Maybe if there are enough of us with this problem, maybe triumph would listen!

4. Rowly

Rowly

I haven't noticed any problem yet with mine but I'm sure sooner or later it
    will happen, I used to get the same problem with a car I used to own, it was
    only one side but never the less it was annoying and left unchecked would
    eventually corrode the inside of the headlamp, my solution to the condensation
    problem was to remove the protective cap and bulb holder and blast through
    warm air using a hair dryer, worked a treat but only for a few weeks,not
    sure how this could apply to the D675 due to the restricted access? maybe
    those of you with this problem could give it a try. ;)

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I have not really noticed if mine mist up or not, never seen me coming head on at myself :? :? :?

6. Graham H675

Graham H675

in cars it's normaly the back cover hasn't been fitted propperly or the seal is worn. so remove the backs of the head light and cheack the seal