675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Consumer advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andykb, Jun 4, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Guys ive notcied my riding boots have split along a seam. I bought them 20/6/9. Should i be able to return them and get them swapped or refunded?
    I have the receipt.....

2. andysjt

andysjt

we havent got there yet ? 20/6/9 ?

3. andykb

andykb

4. andysjt

andysjt

edski675 is your man he will tell you im sure
    very clever bloke

i would be quick ,as the boot are nearly a year old

5. andykb

andykb

yep that is my main worry

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Yes of course take them back, if you don't ask then you won't get.

7. andykb

andykb

will be on the phone to them this morning

8. Rowly

Rowly

Andy, whether they are under guarantee or not you are still protected under the
    consumer protection act, all goods should last as long as reasonable expected.
    Your riding boot have clearly not lasted within a reasonable time and as such you
    should claim under the faulty goods act,if you get any hassle contact your local
    citizens advice they will tell you the best course of action to take, good luck ;)

9. andykb

andykb

b'stards wont refund or exchange, i have contacted consumer advice who have suggested they have to send back to the manufacturer, they have reluctantly agreed, but it looks like im not on the bike for a few weeks.

Unless i can get infront of the finance comittee tonight before she goes out with a business case for a new pair

10. Rowly

Rowly

Andy tell them they have a legal obligation to under the consumer protection act.
    It is the sellers responsibility to make good any faulty or damaged goods.
    The seller has to make his claim to the manufacturer and not you ;)

11. Stu

Stu

What size are you and where do you live. There maybe someone who can lend you a pair. If you're a size 8 and leave in Leeds then it's your lucky day. :up:

12. Stu

Stu

I also meant to say try eBay for a pair locally that you can pickup and try the small ads like www.adtrader.co.uk. A second hand pair as a put me on is better than no riding. :erm:

13. andykb

andykb

ive sent a few txt's out waiting to hear back, i may have to sulk all night and sat morn until she says go buy a new pair.

Just got back from the shop and their attitude was crap i firmly believe they wont send them away just keep hold of them and tell me they have been rejected.

Does anyone want me to name them or shall i hang fire until i hear back

14. Stu

Stu

Let's guess. Sounds like J&S to me :D

15. andykb

andykb

No not J&S

im gonna keep tigh lipped until i hear either way

16. Rowly

Rowly

Andy, don't let them fob you off write to their head office with your complaint,
    If you don't get any response tell them you are going to involve trading standards.
    These companies always hope you cant be bothered and all to often they getaway
    with their legal obligations towards customers, I personally would take them all the
    way to court, don't let them off the hook :x

17. andykb

andykb

no intentions too matey, they are a small outfit however they do a hell of alot of business i suspect over the counter and on ebay

They started small with lesser known brands but have now got some real nice gear in. I spoke to consumeradvice and i have a case number and they have advised me to come back to them if i'm not satisfied, so i'm confident i will get a result just may take longer than i would have hoped.

I think some places these day just dont give a shit about 'service excellence' and 'customer satisfaction', if it was my business i would refund\exchange\upgrade without question if it meant a happy customer and a chance of repeat business.

But no they chose the other route and a probable reduction in revenue from bikers in the area

18. andykb

andykb

finance comittee has approved my business case any tips on a new pair of boots?

19. crj

crj

Got myself a pair of ALPINESTARS SMX-PLUS from H-G. Really comfortable, fit snugly with the internal lacing, the black ones aren't too Star Wars(ish) but mine squeak a bit, when walking, from the ankle reinforcement.

20. Snap, I got these as well, but from Rocket Centre in Blackburn. Black ones as I dont want o look like a power ranger. If you can put up with the squeeks they are great :)
    http://www.rocketclothing.co.uk/alpines ... _1097.html