675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Cornering - Knee Down

Discussion in 'Riding Tips' started by Craig, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

A very good video explaining how to corner with your knee down. Something that I will certainly give a go, good to see a video described clearly with examples. The video was produced by motorcycle news and demonstrates control.

[​IMG]

To watch the video click the following link: Unavailable from source (see below for backup links)

Or The video hosted by 675.cc
    Or The video in a .zip file hosted by 675.cc
    Or The video in a .exe (which will extract the movie file to a specified location) file hosted by 675.cc

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Can't open the Video Craig :?

3. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

Working now... :oops:

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great Video, like the style and the fact the guy riding has got to be older than me :lol:

Still got a scrape.................. :D

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Thats the best video ive seen on getting your knee down. He explains it very well. I just had to figure it out for myself :-( but oh well, it felt like more of an achievement!

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Stuff Knee Down I can get the whole side down............................... :evil: :twisted:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675006_4.jpg

7. JDB

JDB

There's grinding your pegs on a corner, then there's grinding you bar ends..............

Glad to see you've retained your sense of humour, bad luck - glad to hear your not to badly bruised.

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:D :D :D Live's to short JDB, thanks for the kind words ;)

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I gave up trying when I got the entire side down too and decided that I didn't want to repeat the experience. TBH I don't understand why so many bikers see this as a rite of passage :?:

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Doh! You obviously wern't hanging your body off the bike enough. Bad luck bertie!

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Been round bends at 120 plus and still not got my knee down so who gies a stuff.................. :geek:

I look forward to the day i can get my knee down but till then I'll do what I know best and ride like I do, It's seen me right for the last 20 years I'm sure it will do me right for the next 20 :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: ;)

12. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

To be honest I think i'd be terrified to get my knee down at 120. You don't need to be going fast at all. I first got my knee down at 30 mph. It's incredible how much you must shift your body to do it. You don't need to lean the bike over that far to make contact. Leaning the bike and keeping it stable is the hardest bit! You need someone to watch you try and tell you how far you are and where you are going wrong. It's 100% about body position

13. Rowly

Rowly

Knee down is something that blokes do when they propose to their girlfriends, isn't it? :lol: :lol:

14. Rowly

Rowly

I did my first wheelie on Friday, it lasted from the garage door to the end of the
    drive, then the dustbin men emptied it then I wheeled it back again :lol: :lol:

15. mine does it all the time, probably why my back tyre only lasted 1000 miles :lol: yeeeehaaaaaar

16. I got wheelie school lessons for my 30th birthday. I could get the wheel up about 2 foot for a second or about 2 inches for about 100 feet.

17. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Wheelies are something i have trouble doing. 2 wheels is better than 1 in my book, but they do look good!

18. Graham H675

Graham H675

can't keep the front wheel down on the bike if i give it the beans always hovering lol

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well the knee down is still iluding me, front wheel up is some thing I try my hadest to avoid just kna**s the bike in the long run. Rode th 675 Street R all over the shop on the back wheel and bought it down soft. Not my Beast.

Wheelie lessons sounds the dogs Only where did you go, I saw them in the MCN a couple of weeks ago or was it Bike :shock: any way where did you go and how much was the class :?:

20. I don't know the details of the place as it was booked by a friend. It was located just off the M25 at a disused airfield.

They taught us how to wheelie off the throttle rather than using the clutch. They said that it was easier and safer.

Basically, you get to the bottom of the torque curve in a low gear and then give it as much power as possible.