675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Correct valve clearances for Street 13-17 head with Daytona 09-12 Cams?

Discussion in 'General' started by PhilT, Nov 16, 2017.

1. PhilT

PhilT

Hi All,

Can someone please confirm what the exhaust valve clearance should be for a 13-17 Street head?

If it is 0.325 to 0.375mm, as I suspect it is, what clearance should I use when using 09-12 cams? The 09-12 daytona exhaust clearance should be 0.275 to 0.325mm (Haynes manual). I think I should use the larger Street clearnace value but I'm not 100% certain......

(this question has come about as I'm about to replace the head on my 09 Daytona with a 16 Street Head - long story..... but my original Daytona head is leaking oil (possibly a porous casting according to Triumph) and I've got hold of a good low millage street head)

Many thanks,

Phil.

2. njh225

njh225

Pretty sure 09-12 Daytona is 0.325 - 0.375. It changed I believe. Screen shot from workshop manual below:

[​IMG]

3. PhilT

PhilT

Thank you njh225! That makes it much more straight forward for me.

I wonder how many people have used the Haynes manual settings.....

4. PhilT

PhilT

Just a quick update - I finally managed to swap the head on my 09-12 Daytona with a Street 13+ head and I went with the later clearance range (0.325-0.375) and all is good - bike is running better then ever and no unusual noises.

Thank you again njh255 for your help.

5. Why did you change the heads. Is there a benifit in power ?

6. PhilT

PhilT

I had an oil leak (porous casting I think) and I managed to get hold of a low millage (1,800 mile) Street head (the 13+ street heads seem to come up for sale more often than the 09-12 Daytona heads). The heads appear to be identical except for a small external part of the casting which is used on the Street to attach the small side fairings. Looking at the "World of Triumph" parts pages, the part numbers are the same for all the parts (i.e valves, valve springs, etc) of the head except the head casting itself which I think is because of the street fairing mounting part.

There is no difference in power - not that I can tell from riding.....