675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Crash Bobbins!

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by mark171086, Oct 15, 2009.

1. mark171086

mark171086

Hi all

Again after some more bits for the bike..

I have some R&G bobbins which i was about to fit and realised the fairings have to be drills which im not happy about..

I have seen some GB Racing ones and althou pricey look awesome and dont have to drill!!!

Anyone fitted these or have some recomendations?

Thanx

Mark

2. miff

miff

hi mark
    ive just bought some crash bungs from triumph t3 racing. not fitted them yet so not sure how easy they will be but they require no drilling of the fairing. they cost £110 plus £5.95 p&p
    hope this was helpfull
    miff

3. tim_m295

tim_m295

HI,

I have just bought and fitted some crash bobbins from HPS. No need to cut anything, all you have to do is change the engine mounting bolts for the supplied ones in order to fit the brackets for the bungs. Took about 2 hours in total to fit, mainly because i struggled to get the fairings back on.

I think they cost about £150 in total but well worth it not to have to cut the fairings.

Tim

Daytona 675 09 White SE

4. SteveH

SteveH

Hi,

I've the full set of GB Racing gear on my bike. Excellent quality stuff would hand on heart recommend it. I did look at thr R&G kit and like you decided against it once I realised the fairing had to be drilled. Stupid idea if you ask me with minimal thought gone into it. Used to rate R&G stuff but think they are just selling on their name now (and they are over priced). It's a very simple solution for the crash bungs not to need drilling and if a company like R&G can't work that out, choosing to 'shape' the bung to make it more aerodynamic?!?!?! Whats the point in that if you've got a 13 stone blokes knee and shin right behind it??? well they clearly aren't that worried about their product.

I'll get some new pics up of the bike when I get chance but my 5 month old sons demanding most of my free time atm lol!

Cheers

Steve

5. mark171086

mark171086

Think its the T3 racing / GB racing ones for me like!!

They are a good looking crash bungs and bracket...if thats sounds ok without being a nerd... :)

6. henrymc

henrymc

I had R&G's fitted on my bike cos they were the only ones i could get when i bought the 675,
    dropped it at a standstill and the plastic sleeve on the mushroom pushed up the steel end of the crash bung,
    causing a crack on the fairing above the bung, I told the R&G rep at the NEC bike show about the fault,
    they were supposed to send me a replacement which i had payed them for there and then as i only wanter one, never heard from them again,
    muggins lost his reciept into the bargin so no record to chase them with,
    when i got the bike sprayed as it is now i had the holes filled and fitted GB Racing bungs,
    I have seen what they look like after a crash and got to say they do not shatter as R&G say that most other crash bungs other than their crash bungs do,
    all you got to do is go to any BSB meet and Graham Banks himself will be there somewhere in the team's truck carpark with his stall,
    nice bloke and he will be more than glad to answer your questions also show you his crash damaged bungs, as well as other makes that have been crashed including the carbon fiber stick on ones, they are total c***

7. Do GB racing make the T3 ones, they look so siilar to me.

8. henrymc

henrymc

not sure Godzilla but you may be right there sure i saw some ref to T3 crash protection on the GBsite but it may just have been comparing prices dont know.