675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

crash bobbins

Discussion in 'General' started by spike, May 14, 2009.

1. spike

spike

hi all

i am after some crash bobbins/cotton reels for my bike, but not keen on drilling my fairings for the rg's
    is there another brand that is recommended that doesnt require you to drill the fairings but will stand up to abuse if required.
    as always your advice is appreciated ;) :D

2. Rowly

Rowly

Yes spike there is, Gbracing do crash mushrooms that doesn't require you
    to drill the fairing, check out my gallery for photos, I will send you the link.

3. Rowly

Rowly

4. SteveH

SteveH

NICE! Rowly. Not cheap, but NICE! Still I suppose it's a small investment compared to replacing panels etc. This stuff's certainly on my wish list. Just wish someone would look at it rather than getting me stupid shirts, and vouchers for stores I don't even know where they are let alone what they sell for gifts hahaha.

Cheers

Steve

5. Rowly

Rowly

You & me both, Its a case of I want never gets :( Yes I would agree about
    the price but well worth the investment against having to bust your wallet
    in the event of a crash, I believe to replace just the engine covers amount to
    about £400+ :eek:

6. I was asked yesterday what I wanted for my birthday and just said Hein Gerike vouchers. It is far better than the clothes vouchers for some place in the Trafford Centre I have never heard of and I dont have ot go to that horrible place to spend them!

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I have T3s on my bike. The offer a choice of black or silver mounts - I have black ones, they look better on a graphite bike. It took T3 a while to send them, I get the impression that they are under-resourced. But the product is excellent. Not that I have tested them, of course.

8. The GB stuff is of very high quality, the main reason its not cheap.

9. Rowly

Rowly

I couldn't agree with you more ;)

10. SteveH

SteveH

Buy it cheap, buy it twice! General rule to use right!

Steve

11. Rowly

Rowly

You would be 100% correct with that Steve :)

12. I would really like some of the Top Block protectors for mine, however the D675 ones are 'under development' as they are working on a way to fit them without bodywork vandalism.

http://www.top-block.com/index.php?langue=anglais

Have a word with the UK suppliers at
    http://www.motocomp.com/
    they told me the more people that ask the faaster they should be developed. The Street triple ones look so great.

13. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I went for the T3 racing ones too and they look great. Although mine where with me within a few days unlike with edski. Not sure why there would be delay but i know they supply for the T3 racing series so maybe if all those guys have kitted out at one time they may be short???

Th shop is on their race site http://www.t3-racing.co.uk/

14. Are the T3 ones made by GB. They look identical to me except more expensive.

15. hank

hank

i have GB's and am really happy with them. quality and fit are great. haven't crash tested them though.

16. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Noy sure if GB make T3 or the other way round but do look very similar, in fact identical. Granted i only looked on GB site and didnt shop around but with VAT they are only a few quid difference. So either way they look good n i would recommend.