675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Crazy exhaust pricing

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, May 15, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Just been checking out a Jardine exhaust for the bike and can't quite believe what I'm seeing. There seems to be 1 importer of Jardine to the UK.

Custom Cruisers are the UK importer, and they are charging £709 delivered. They are based in Derbyshire so a reasonable drive from my house in Oxfordshire but nothing to bad.

Sooooooooooo, expensive I'm thinking until I stumble across MotoSport.com who are based in Southaven, MS. USA. They can do me the same exact can, delivered with all import taxes and carriage all the way over the pond for £438.80

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but does that not seem a little ridiculous??????? Thats £270 cheaper and it's got to come from over the pond! Either someone is really taking the p**s with the prices up at Custom Cruisers. Or the exchange rate is currently a lot better for us than I thought it was (it's currently about 1.25 dollars to the pound right??)

Absolutely crazy. No wonder this countries retail industry is on it's ar5e!

Steve

2. $1.50 to the £

Thing is also you have to consider that Moto Sport make money on the can - so Custom Cruisers buy it at TRADE (about -40% from RRP) from Jardine.

3. Rowly

Rowly

Just one thing to say really, RIP OFF BRITAIN!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

4. SteveH

SteveH

I agree Rowly, but surely these idiots running these stores now must be losing money hand over fist? I mean getting the sale and making a smaller profit has to be better than losing the sale totally and making nothing surely??

In todays international world, with the help of the internet global shopping really is a doddle. especially now global sellers are quoting their price delivered to your door, including all taxes etc. I mean I'm no rocket scientist but even I can see if you don't keep up your going to fall on your ar5e and your business is going to quickly slip down the plughole?!?!?!

Maybe I'm to idealistic, as there's always (according to the retailer) a hidden cost the customer doesn't see. But £270 worth of hidden costs, c'mon thats only £80 less than getting 2 of the product from the states.

I'm half tempted to contact Jardine and some of the other brands myself and setup something this end. I'll certainly look into it and see if it's viable.

Steve

5. Rowly

Rowly

The supplier in Britain thinks he's got the monopoly on this particular product
    at the time when its in most demand so he's going to cash in unless folk like
    you Steve do your home work and find out these greedy bas :?: :?: rds
    before some biker looses his hard earned cash,

I worked in the motoring factor business for 10 years and the mark up on
    most products was 50% which grossed you 33.1/3% profit which was
    an acceptable margin, some products you made less on, without knowing
    what this suppliers costs are then its hard to work out what profit he'll be
    making but having discovered such a price difference it would lead me to
    believe that he's on the make :x