675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

CRG Levers

Discussion in 'General' started by chickenstrip, Mar 7, 2009.

1. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you the lowdown on the CRG levers I just fitted. I went for stubbies rather than folding in the end because I found I was riding with just one/two fingers on the levers. Had a nice blast down the road to West Yorkshire Triumph today to try on the latest Alpinstars/Triumph leathers. (got the AS2 boots, need to think about the rest!) Clutch and brake levers both work really well and the Roll-a-click adjustors are easy to fiddle with while on the move. If anything I think I could manage with even shorther ones but, I'll prob bleed the brake to try and shorten the travel a bit more. They are a good shape for two fingers and seem to free up the rest of the grip well.

p.s. fitting took about 5 mins, direct replacement for OEM levers

In the end they look the dogs and help me get through the back gate so everything else is a bonus :p

Jim :geek:

Attached Files:

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Very Nice Jim, can I ask where you got them and how much?

Is it a straight Bolt out, slide out, slide new in and bolt back in type Job?

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Mmm, looks nice. I've always been put off Pazzos by the hideous price. If a bit less £££.....

4. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

I got them from intobikes at 63.99 each + 4.99 P&P. they took ages to arrive (1.5-2months) but I hear thats more to do with CRG supply issues. I could have got them cheaper through Faster by Design but I was typically impatient and didn't wait for him to get back to me (£60 each I think)

Yes Jap, just undo bolts and direct replacement. Brake lever comes with Cross Pin which must be located in the master cylinder plunger correctly but no different than OEM operation.

I nearly went for Gold but went subtle in the end :)

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Jim, I get a set any chance you could give me a hand fitting them. Justa bit wairy of the brake with "Cross Pin" not sure about that one. :?

First to put my hand up if not 100% ofay :geek:

6. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Any time Ray,

But don't worry they really are plug n play. I had to wiggle the clutch lever to get it out just because the bolts for the control grip are slightly in the way, but if I wasn't so lazy I could have just loosend them off a touch to move it out of the way.
    The brake lever also just slots in, its just that there is a small cylindrical barrel (the cross pin) that you drop into the lever first, which itself has a hole/bore drilled into it, into which the little plunger on the master cylinder locates...... I think in theory you could put the lever in and the plunger pin does not locate into this holes, but its fairly obvious if it doesn't.

The kit comes with a nice little note and diagram that describes the above.

hopefully we'll meet up for a blast soon, I missed out on the action last wkend :)

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Looked at the Black ones last night and think I will go for them, still gutted over the indicator poping through the fairing and groungd one of the lights out so Dead as a DoeDoe.

Looking at re ordering but boke at the minute :?

Thanks for the offer of some Help will bell you if I cant sort the break, did the clutch when I came off but had fairing off so just loosened from the bottom and it comes out a dream. :geek:

8. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

11. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

I thought you were broke ;) . Black eh, good man. As a said don't hold your breath, they might not come in for a month or so. intobikes only take your cash when they actually send them which should help.

:geek:

12. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

looking good - waiting time is always the killer :/

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

When it's ordered it's always another box ticked in my mind, Indicators comin from Canada again so should have the beast 100% Bang On very soon ;) :geek: :ugeek:

Fitted rear bag today........................ Check it out on its own Lugage Post :ugeek:

14. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well there here and On :cool: :cool: :cool:

They arrived Wednesday and took all of 10 minutes each to fit :D :D :D

They look great well happy with the brake, I have it set on no 5 and it feels great. :D

The clutch is a little more tricky I want it on setting 4 but not enouph movment and clunky gear change so went to 5 with a twist of the cable and damn clutch slipped over the 120 mark, up to setting 6 and backed off the cable and seems to be playing OK but I really like it at setting 5 as it just feels spot on. :cool: :evil: :twisted:

Will post a couple of pictures once i get chance to take them. ;) :ugeek:

15. Graham H675

Graham H675

jap sti 3 are your indicators the ally ones from canada if so how easy are they to fit???

16. chickenstrip

chickenstrip

Hi Graham,

Yes Japs got the Watsen indicators as well. (well he did until he dropped it !) see pics under my gallery on how to fit them.

Jim

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Graham second set winging there way over now - 10 minutes a side and work a dream, Jim did the first run/fit on them and they are GREAT well worth every penny just dont drop your baby, they pop straight through :oops: :lol: :cool: ;)

18. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I went for the gloss Black as they look great and match the Beats Perfectly :ugeek: