675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Damm alarm

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by andykb, May 20, 2009.

1. andykb

andykb

Bloody datatool is acting up again i suspect its because i got a soaking coming home. The bike is tesing me a the minute

2. More trouble than their worth IMHO

3. spike

spike

try spraying the datatool cables (any that are exposed ) and alarm unit (check for small cracks) with electrical contact spray, it displaces any water that may have settled.
    failing that rip the alarm out and get a data tag, the alarms are more trouble than there worth m8 ;)

4. spike

spike

if you have no contact spray wd40 is nearly as good

5. Hammer always works for me....bigger the better....

6. andykb

andykb

all dried out now went off about 4:30 this morning put it in ferry mode went in about 9:30 its working fine

it did put some rain down yesterday though its to be expcected

7. Alarms aint worth a shit mate, and the amount of discount you get from Insurance is negligible. All you need is a hefty chain and a chunk of luck that they dont target you! I had a CBR600 nicked whilst the datatool screamed for England to no avail. (neighbour said - "Heard your alarm go off") yea thanks no one takes any notice. :evil: