675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Damn Banks are rubbish!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteveH, Apr 13, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

First real post and it's a whinge, sorry ;) Normal service will resume shortly!

So still waiting to be able to pick up my 675. Really annoyed as both myself and the guy I'm buying the bike from bank with the same company. Also the finance house he's cleared the finance on is the same company.

Now when my wife is in need of cash and I'm away I can transfer money to her account online in seconds and everything is fine, no issues (she also banks with the same bank).

BUT, when I try to transfer the money into the sellers account of my new bike, which I was hoping to have for the easter weekend (even if the weather has been carp would've been nice to go into the garage for a clean and fettle), computer says NO! :evil:

Phone up the finance house on Saturday (a normal working day as far as me and the rest of the UK are concerned) and get through to a lovely young lady who explains that arm of the bank only work Monday to Friday, so I'll need to call Tuesday! at this point blood is boiling and starting to rise to my brain.

She can however see that the payment has been made but can't legally confirm this to me as it's not her department (blood pressure still rising). So I promptly end the call there nice and polite like before I explode in a fit of rage! ;)

Sooooooooo, this leaves me with no bike for the holidays and a sickening feeling when all my mates keep phoning asking if they can come see the new bike. Arse-icles!

Weathers not currently looking good for the week ahead either. Beginning to wander if I'll ever get the bike home!

Still on the plus side because the weathers been rubbish I've not had to cut the lawn like the wife wanted LMAO!

Cheers

Steve

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Welcome on board Steve, sorry to here the "banking 3-5 day loop hole of not paying intrest and not releasing the cash and so earning the bankingg sytem £1000's every minute of every day". :? :evil:

I have the same facility to instantly transfer to like minded "Smile" account holders but lo and behold if I pay my credit card bill it still takes 3 days the fact the cash vanishes, hence no interst to me, and does not appear for 3-5 days, which I get charged interest on!!!!! See what's happening here :eek: They are taking the P**s :ugeek:

Well hope when the bike arives your money thoughts will be blown away by the sheer Joy's of the Open road........ :D As for waiting for good weather :? My til get some Hein Gerick Gortex ;) Every days a sunny day then :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. SteveH

SteveH

Having made the move to the 675 from a Ducati my 'all weather' riding up to now has been non-existent. Dukes and water REALLY don't mix lol

Having just spanked all my spare cash on a new bike though I think any new kit will have to wait, especially as I'm due to become a Dad any day now lol

Cheers

Steve

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:D :D Great news Steve, all the very best for the forthcoming new arival :D :D

5. i know how you feel mate, cant pick mine up till tomorrow or wednesday cos the post dont work on bank holidays :(

6. Stu

Stu

If it's any help you can come and clean mine and Jean's as they are both minging :D

Good luck with the other new arrival too.

7. Steve,

Why do they say that Ducati's dont like the rain? Are they really that bad?

8. SteveH

SteveH

Mine was quite bad, but then again it was a 1997 916 so a very early (and very clean ;) ) one. I got caught out in a bit of a downpour and the electrics went absolutely nuts. Hat it all checked out after that (once it had dried out) and everything was fine. The newer ones (ie 996/998/999/1098 etc etc) are much MUCH better. but the early stuff is a bit temperamental. That said they were the first of an evolution of bikes so I guess there is always going to be some gremlins. Well that and we get a lot more rain here than in Italy lol. Just a good job it was a toy (much like the 675 will be) so never saw the rain unless I got caught out.

Steve