675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Daytona clutch in a Street Triple RX

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Crispy, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Crispy

Crispy

I've read on various threads on various forums that the standard slip assist clutch from a 675 Daytona will fit into a Street Triple R/RX. These clutches come up on eBay once in a while and I've been keeping an eye out for one, this has just popped up: eBay Daytona clutch link

As I'm not 100% sure of the fitment and which years are compatible? Could anyone shed a bit of light on it for me please

Crispy

2. I'm pretty sure that anything after 2013 already has the slipper clutch

3. Crispy

Crispy

The Street Triple doesn't have a slip assist clutch, just a standard item

4. martin675

martin675

I tried as hard as i could with the rx to get the rear hopping a bit i was convinced it had a slipper but it doesn't, it really doesn't need one in my opinion. I gave it allot if abuse and it seemed to handle it part of the reason i kind of went of it.

5. Was that Coz ur fat arse was on the back. No hope of it hoping around

6. martin675

martin675

Says the man who leant on his fancy air bag and it went off!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Crispy. You need a clutch from a Daytona 13 on then. Easiest way to tell them apart is your original clutch will have six bolts that hold on the outer plate and the later ones have three. Also you only need to change the in basket and plates not the outer basket which makes things easier