675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum
Tags:

Daytona with new dashboard, see original odo?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rani Joensen, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Rani Joensen

Rani Joensen

Hi! I was wondering if it is possible to some how identify the genuine kms/miles on a 2008 daytona with a new dash. the owner says it has around 35k, but the "new" 2nd hand dashboard shows 69k. TuneECU wouldn't be able to see it right?

2. sandpit

sandpit

I'd also be very interested to find this out

3. I think the mileage is stored in the clocks. Not the ecu .

4. D675hogg

D675hogg

I am getting a new dash fitted this weekend under warranty on a 2017 Daytona so will no doubt find out the answer to that. Hoping if I slip the guys £20 they will fit a TFT dash for me.

5. RICH675

RICH675

VOSA website will hold mileage’s at MOT times. This could be a good indication.
    What about service and or dealer history.
    Mileage’s should be noted.

6. Rani Joensen

Rani Joensen

Thanks for all the responses! It is in Melbourne Australia, so a bit different rules. The seller only had the bike for 6 months, and does not have a full-service history, and does not know where it has been serviced before o_O

7. D675hogg

D675hogg

IMG_0505.JPG

New clock fitted. Now has 0 miles. Might be time to sell!!!! Haha. Guys can’t change the mileage so they will just note the original
    Mileage in the service book.