675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Dealer Recommendation Listing

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Jap_Sti_3, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Craig, what would your thouhts be to having a Dealer Recommendation Posting area.

Name and contact details in link format with a brief review of level of service recieved?

I'm sure with a little imput from members we could have a great Who's who of Triumph Dealers across the UK.
    Were the lads bought & service there bikes.

Just a thought? Could end up with us being associated with Triumph HO? When I called about my bike I mentioned 675.cc and I felt the attention level whent up through the roof.

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Sound's like a good idea! I've got a few tricks up my sleeve that maybe able to accomplish this... I'll keep you posted! :D

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Sounds good to me.

4. jimjam39

jimjam39

Definetley think this is a good idea . There is a certain dealer that i will not be recommending :x :(

5. Windy Corner, Barwell, Leicestershire. 01455 842922
    Run by Ex racer Roger Winterburn,
    Relaxed shopping, no pressure,
    Won best service dept 2008 and they are always willling to give advice
    Coffee machine free vend
    Got my 675 from there

6. Craig

Added a "dealer review" tab. Included the details in the post feel free to leave any comments on the listing.
    Also if anyone has any other recommended dealers for the list - let me know! :D

7. andysjt

andysjt

I would like to recommend triumph Birmingham as they are always happy to see you for a coffee even if you ant buying , and your bike is always ready when they say , at the price quoted or less , the boys in the service department really know their bikes , :D top marks :D

8. Craig

added, just needs your rating :D

9. spike

spike

bill smith motors chester
    really helpful no hassles or pressure and gave me a cracking deal on my d675
    will put stars on after i have had it serviced probably next week ;)

10. Can you add Philip Youles in Blackburn. Both Jap and myself use them.

Thanks

11. Craig

All added, just awaiting rating / review ;) hopefully we can build a good list up and name and shame the bad dealers ;p

12. SteveH

SteveH

Are you wanting positive and negative dealer reviews Craig???

I got some negatives for Hughendens sales team, but the Mechanics are a good bunch. Also have some praise for Onyertriumph in Aston Clinton, they came up trumps for a test ride for me at very short notice which tbh is probably got me onto the 675 in the first place.

Steve

13. Craig

looking for all feedback on the dealers, the good bad and ugly ;) Just somewhere everyone can check back to for a point of reference. I'll eventually make it easy for everyone to add dealers etc to the list... just sorting a few other things out first but for the time being be good to build a base for it ;P

14. Is it possible to put an average service cost in there for each one as well?

15. Craig

I'll have a look into it, though on clicking the dealer the user can leave comments on the next page that displays. I'll try and work out a way how to include it on the main page of the review section :D

16. henrymc

henrymc

Can you add "WEBBS of LINCOLN" To your list of Dealers, Craig. Have always found them good to deal with, also the guys at TRIUMPH parts department in Hinkley Deserve a menton, was working in Bornmouth two years ago and had a of, went through the generator cover on 675, local Triumph garage only interested in insurance work and not into getting me going again, was Quoted £1000 for repair, genarator cover cost £160, i waited two weeks for them to get the part so i could get the bike home, Rang Triumph in the end and explained my situation and they had the part in next days post to the dealership, Think you would get that sort of responce from one of the jap firms?

17. Craig

Quick service from triumph always good to hear... any contact details for them in hinkley? I've added webbs to the list :)

18. Graham H675

Graham H675

hi craig can u pls add Carl Rosner Triumph South Croydon 020 8657 0121
    Top bunch of lads there really looked after me when getting the bike no pressure sales team and the mecanics listen to u and explain the work they carry out in detail. Plus off great discount days

19. SteveH

SteveH

Hello,

I'm still getting an error (see link) when I try to write a review Craig. Managed to get a review up for OnYerTriumph but Hughendons won't accept it.

toplist.php?sid=&mode=site_view&w=out&id=9

I've written below my review for Hughendons just incase you needed it. Wasn't sure if it was to long and thats why it won't accept it??

Steve

Very un-impressed with this sales team. Seemed VERY elitest and only interested to talk to you if your buying new bikes. Have had a couple of friends also look in here and been similarly un-impressed, and ignored by the sales team. I've heard reasonable things about the service team here, but I won't be using this dealer unless of extreme emergencies due to the appaling manor in which I was treated whilst looking for a 675. Couldn't sort me out a test ride with over 1 weeks notice, and even then said I'd have to call on the day and make sure the bike was available. Completely un-willing to consider any sort of deal on a bike or throw in any extra's. I know these are at the dealers discretion but it's nice to make a customer feel valued right?

I certainly won't be spending any of my hard earned there if I can help it.

20. Craig

All in added... :)

Had a look into the error, It's appearing due to " ' " an apostrophe being used in the post. Generates an error telling the database the code is closed / ended. I'll work out a way so that a " ' " can be used in the post...

for the time being if you enter the review without a apostrophe it should add happily...

Thanks for the reviews steveh, exactly what we're looking for! :D as for the minor bugs I'll iron them out eventually doh! thanks for letting me know on that one missed it :p