675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Diamond Races - Isle of wight TT

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Robbie Godfrey, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Robbie Godfrey

Robbie Godfrey

Hello,

It has recently been announced there is plans for a road racing series where I live on the Isle of Wight in October 2021. I'm hoping to attract more support for the event as there is a lot of old codgers trying to put a stop to it, not thinking about the amazing oppotunity offered to us as an island reliant on tourism.

Please check out www.diamondraces.com and follow their facebook page as a show of support. There will be big names there with an estimated 40,000 spectators!

Cheers, Rob.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cozza

cozza

Yeah already seen this and can’t wait...as a racing sailor I love the Isle of Wight and really hope this goes ahead. The website has a cracking lap of the 14 mile course with that long straight that just looks amazing. They’ve done a lot of the preliminary work in preparation for the race and I can’t see it being cancelled now. Despite that MP kicking up all the fuss. Most of my mates on the island think it would be good business. It’s only 4 days ffs and the objections look pitiful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red675

Red675

I see a lot of people saying they cant see the TT being on next year (thanks to the complete balls up ginger tits has made of things) so this would be a brilliant addition to the RR calendar
    Good luck, I hope it goes ahead as im sure it will bring all sorts of ££ benefits to the island.
    On a side note whats the weather like in the channel in October? 0_0

4. Robbie Godfrey

Robbie Godfrey

No I don't think it will be cancelled for the first one, but the island used to have one of the best MX tracks in the world and one bloke moaning about the noise managed to stop that after 2 years!
    The weather here in October can be a bit touch and go, it will definitely be on the colder side. However they have said if it's raining they'll just use wet tyres!

5. I’m also highly sceptical that they will get this to go ahead without residence kicking off, if the island doesn’t need the cash, or more specifically it doesn’t end up going back into the residence pockets in the form of massively reduced taxes then I can’t see they will support any of it

6. Robbie Godfrey

Robbie Godfrey

I'm fairly certain the first one will go ahead, the council is fully behind it. The MP has had a few things to say but his holiday home is on the circuit (bellend). Island businesses will benefit massively, the trouble will be the OAPs and the ferry companies tripling their prices. If the businesses do well they'll be able to afford the long overdue refurbs!