675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Donington Monday August 24th

Discussion in 'Meets' started by SteveH, Jul 12, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Alrighty then,

I'm booked on this trackday. I know my skill level so I'm in the 'tards group. Hopefully gonna be there with at least a few others, but possibly just 1 other mate on his 999 (unles he's changed it by then).

Mine will be the Graphite (fastest colour) Masterbike. Other bikes with me 'should' be a carbon/yellow Ducati 999, 2x black blades, 916 SPS, and a yellow RSV, but I'm still working on convincing everyone else to come along.

Soooooooooooo, come on over if your there and say hello! We may be travelling up Sunday night and B&B'ing it but all this still to be arranged. I'm struggling enough getting everyone organised to come along to the day lol.

Just praying for good weather now!

Cheers

Steve

2. Steve

our weather was wet and cold in the morning - glorious sunshine after the lunch break. We went 27th May. Have a great time and post pics.

3. Steve - it will be brilliant.

Even if it's wet don't worry, you'll still have a great time.

4. SteveH

SteveH

Lets hope so I don't mix with water very well!

Steve

5. Do they have a group below the tards level for me to join?

6. SteveH

SteveH

lmao no mate sorry. I'm sure you'd be fine though. The last day I did at Rockingham had a massive difference in the ability of the slowest guys in the Novice/'tards group and the fastest guys in the group.

I think you just have to be realistic about your abilities and not stretch yourself or feel pressured into going quicker than you think you can. Just build on it each session. I garauntee you'll be a darn site faster when you leave than when you got there. You instantly feel more secure to stretch yourself a little on track due to run off, no hazards coming the other way etc etc and repeating the same corners all day you get the chance to practice and build confidence.

Steve