675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Double bubble screens

Discussion in 'General' started by day-tony675, Apr 29, 2009.

1. day-tony675

day-tony675

What are your thoughts on double bubble screens on a D675 :?: There are several on e-bay, all have only been on the bike for a short time :? I had one on my TT600 and it blasted my head off at speed ;)so I changed back to the original one :roll: Is it the same on a D675 :?:

2. hi tony, i had one on my 07, in BLACK, may i add :lol: found it was an improvement on the standard screen.. want one for the new bike but there are no 2nd hand ones about yet, 70 quid for a new on :eek:

3. Rowly

Rowly

Have been thinking about a double bubble screen for sometime now
    but not sure the benefits out way the cost, Nige was yours a Triumph
    one on 07?

4. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi day-tony675. i got the black D/Bubble geniune Triumph 1 and its great. made to fit perfectly, unlike some after-market 1's. tested at the moment to 130mph and its fine. chickenstrip has a Puig one and it doesn't fit perfectly either side near the grill.

5. Rowly

Rowly

You Have answered my thoughts on this one Fridge, Fit genuine for a perfect finish ;)

6. The Fridge

The Fridge

glad to be of service Rowly. yeah perfect fit, looks great.
    hav a look on my gallery pictures, there's 1 of it there.

7. the powerbronze i had fitted well too

8. Rowly

Rowly

Yep looks good to me, did you fit it yourself? the reason why I ask is there has
    been a couple of issues with loosing fixings into unaccessible areas, see Stu's
    post on the subject sometime ago, he got rather mad with himself :evil: :evil:

9. Rowly

Rowly

Cheers Nige, all options considered ;)

10. The Fridge

The Fridge

no, the dealer put it on b4 i picked it up. still tightly attatched.

sick of 1 of the bolts holding the No. plate on tho, lost 1 and the new 1 comes loose every 3o mile or so.
    just got to get round to puttin a blob of glue on it!

11. i fitted mine, fixings werent too much of a problem, just need to watch the bottom 4..theyre the ones that disappear down the back of the clocks if you drop them :D

12. day-tony675

day-tony675

Thanks,guys. I'm now watching a couple on the bay. Will let you know how I get on!

13. I have a spare if anybody wants to try it. Genuine Triumph. The one fitted to the bike has a couple of small chips so the stealer has agreed to change it for new when I collect it Saturday.