675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

double bubble

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, Nov 21, 2008.

1. triple n

triple n

hi guys, no one else is posting anything so i thought i'd ask you all if double bubble screens work and are they worth the money..ive noticed that at about 130 ( i meant 70 officer) the wind is doing its best to shove me off the back of the bike, obviously the standard screen is pants and im too tall to get my head down behind it. would a double bubble cure the problem or do i have to slow down..your advice is appreciated

2. Stu

Stu

Hi Nige

I can't comment on the DB screen as I haven't bothered with one. It's rare I get over 100 these days so the wind isn't a problem. If I do get over the ton then it's not much more than 120. I did manage 155 earlier in the year when I was abroad on holiday. A nice calm day and I was getting battered to feck. My head was bouncing around so much everything was such a blur. I wonder if the DB screen would have help then :)

Stu

3. triple n

triple n

that must have been such a buzz :D , never been over 142 and that was on my 955..think i,ll pick up a screen, they cant be any worse than the standard ones...does your bike power wheelie at all, mine does it in first all the time, just wondered if it was a 675 thing or has mine still got the race map in it, thanks for the reply, ill let you know if they work

4. I put a double bubble on my old K2 Gixer and it made a massive difference at silly speed!