675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Drink Drivers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anonymous, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

I have a dilema! My ex is a drink driver. I know every Saturday night she starts drinking about 7 and finishes in a club at about 4am, then gets up and drives to work at 9.30 in a state. If I report her and she gets done which she deserves then she will probably loose her company as well as her license.
    I also know about all her cash in hand sales and fiddling the taxman as well as a few other things.
    Is this all sower grapes or should I report her? :roll:

2. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

What happens when she kills or seriously injures someone because shes still over the limit the morning after?

I have no sympathy for drink drivers, it's one of my pet hates

3. I'm sorry to say this but I would report her without question. Seconding what Justin said, plus if someone dies because she causes an accident over the limit, and you could have prevented that it would be on your conscience.

As with the taxman, Anyone avoiding taxes is stealing from the people who dont, NOT from the government. The government just raise the taxes on other things/from other people.

IMHO income tax should be scrapped and a much fairer way of taxing found, one that cant be avoided.

4. As a second though one of my friends has a blue badge due to having a knee operation in the past. He is now in training to do a 10k run and plays badminton.

If I find out he uses it again I will report him.

I have an uncle who is in a wheelchair and often cant get in the disabled spaces. Hmm Better get off my soap box before I start ranting.

5. i have to agree with you guys, drink drivers are the top of my pet hate list, along with drugged drivers...absolutely no sympathy and they should get whats coming to them, hopefully before they kill someone...consuming anything that inhibits your ability to control the vehicle you are driving is insane and should carry a minimum 10 year ban...makes my blood boil.....im going for a lie down

6. D41

D41

Is this a joke....? Are you seriously considering reporting her for something that she "might" do in the future or "has" done in the past....leave it alone, she'll get caught in "the act" soon enough.

"Fiddling the taxman" - Good for her!!

7. Rowly

Rowly

Give her the opportunity to see the error of her ways, before she kills someone or herself, sooner or later she will run out of luck, its your conscience that will determine the final outcome

8. How the fcuk do you work either of these points - either you are playing devil's advocate or are a complete *!#~*$!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous

She goes out and gets hammered every Saturday night, clubbing till 4 in the morning then she drives to work at 9.30. She only weighs 7 and a half stone so there's no chance of her burning the booze off in a few hours.
    Her manager is as bad, if you go into the shop on a Monday morning you will see him slumped over the table.

Anyway the deed is done, I have informed the local plod with all the details. Only problem is they need a reason to stop her in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So if she gets caught in the morning which in all honesty I can't see happening, she will possibly go to prison, loose her license, possibly loose her job, which then means her home and her son. Its a lot to loose but its far better than a life. I do feel shit about it.

10. Rowly

Rowly

This looks like been an emotive subject, I'm not so sure on whether the plod need an excuse to stop anyone? suspicion of a moving traffic offence and that would include a member of the public reporting such an offence would IMO be just reason to stop any person on the Queens highway, the one thing we all have to remember, it may be one of thousands of innocent motorcyclists going to work the next day that cops for this persons selfish attitude

11. spike

spike

im afraid i am with d41 on this on
    why on earth do you want to get involved Siw??
    is this because she is your ex?
    i mean your talking about destroying her livelyhood :shock:
    would you have shopped your best mate for doing the same :erm:
    should people shop you for thinking you ride your motorbike inappropriately and that you probably break the speed limit ?
    if they did you, would you agree with them for taking the moral high ground?
    many people have done stupid things that they may or may not regret myself included but i certainly wouldnt appreciate someone doing something as drastic as you.
    maybe it would of been better to front her and tell her your concerns if your still on talking terms
    failing that as some people have already said 'by the grace of god go i ' meaning if she is caught then she has only her self to blame and will have to face the consequences
    the taxes good on her, but if they catch her the tax people are ruthless but again on her head be it
    your question was is this sour grapes?
    i dont know you so couldnt possibly comment, but you have shopped her which is a tw*t of a thing to do and now your questioning your concience!
    i think you know that was the wrong thing to do, you need to look yourself in the mirror mate and really question your motives
    if you are taking the moral high ground, well fcuk thats some mighty high morals you have to live by if destroying someones life in your mind is the right thing to do
    :(

12. Anonymous

Anonymous

I think we all agree drink driving wrecks lives and anyone who does it should be caught. She drinks all the time and gets away with it. Sure its like jumping on a bike and speeding. One day you will get caught and hopefully not kill anyone. If you're sensible you will pick your places and times to speed. Drink drivers don't do thinking.
    There is a lot more to this than I will say on here.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous

I'm in the sour grapes corner too as I presume she did these things when you were together?
    If this is the case, why didn’t you shop her in then?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous

No she didn't do these things when we was together

15. Anonymous

Anonymous

You should tell her that you are have shopped her out (for her own safety if that makes you feel better) and advise she is likely to get pulled over soon….

Would you be just as keen to grass on one of your ex para mates if they were in the same situation?

I'm being direct as an ex squady, I'm sure you can take

16. paws

paws

Si as one of your best mates i honestly think you shouldve left it hun, i reckon youve just bought a whole load of hassle and grief on yourself you didnt need right now.

17. D41

D41

No need for that!!

In the 1st case, I guarantee you 100% that SiW would NOT have even brought this up if he & his ex were still together...& I'll bet good money he wouldn't have called the cops, either - I'd be absolutely amazed if he did, TBH.
    At the most simplistic level, and based only on what SiW has written, it seems to me that he is being totally vindictive..& in a very nasty way, in the full knowledge that the gal could lose EVERYTHING she has, - a child included!! Justifying it with a lame excuse about "saving lives" etc. is petty & trite, IMO. It appears to me SiW's ex has "moved on" with her life in a direction of her own choosing & he should perhaps follow suit, albeit in a more responsible manner. I'm not condoning drink-driving to any extent whatsoever - but SiW's ex is no longer any of his business, IMO.

Regarding "Fiddling the taxman"; - You're Goddam right I do it!! - I will look for & find ANY loophole I can, in order to keep more of the money that I earn in my own pocket, as opposed to giving it away to a governmental system that I don't agree with on a fundamental level - not to mention the fact that - IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

In future, Godzilla - I would much prefer if you could send me a PM instead of publicly insulting me on the forum.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous

D41, Tell u wat m8 ;)

I agree with almost everything you have written about apart from the last line.

While your comments about SiW are very frank there are also rather insulting don’t you think?

Isn’t the 'pantomime effect' part of the attraction of public forums as its best not to take to heart when posts are critiqued?

19. Actually I stand by all I said. In fact even more strongly now.

If someone is drink driving it very definitely IS my business. In fact I have phoned the police as soon as I witnessed someone leave the pub I was in and get in a car to drive home, and I really hope he got caught, lost his licence and therefore job and home. If you drink drive that's the gamble you take and its your choice. The person who they very often do kill has had no choice in the matter. To me that's murder and should carry the same penalties. SO it makes no odds at all who the drink driver is, I will report them all as soon as I could.

Regarding fiddling the taxman then anyone doing that in this country is stealing money from ME and anyone else whose income is taxed PAYE. All this money that people are stealing from the taxman will be raised in another way ie PAYE taxes that people cant avoid. Do you think any countries government does not need money to run the country, would you rather live in a country with no government and all that goes with it. So therefore you are totally wrong, you or anyone else avoiding tax definately IS part of my business.

Unfortunately a lot of the nouns/verbs that I would like to use would unfortunately get the post taken down.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous

I still stand by the fact that she's a drink driver and she deserve to get caught. Hopefully she will get stopped on a day she's not over the limit and she may start to listen to what everyone is saying. I have had words with her about it and we do still see each other and go out, hug etc. Gowd knows why as I nearly lost everything twice becasue of her including my life. I nearly got stabbed because of her! I'm not going into no details so don't ask.

Paw's I know what you're saying and I do agree. When I see you next let me give you the full story.

I hate this post now that its turning people against each other so please lets leave it be now.