675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Dropped 675

Discussion in 'General' started by Tui, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Tui

Tui

Hey

I dropped my 675 (09 SE) yesterday at the petrol station (luckily it was really busy) and scratched my engine casing on the left side. The scratch has gone down to the metal and it's all i look at now. I was wondering if there is a black paint out there for this casing?

2. some cheap casings on ebay mate

3. henrymc

henrymc

GB Racing do a full kit of engine protection,
    as Nige says buy one on flea bay,
    you will always see a touch up or try to respray and it is not a match,

4. Tui

Tui

cheers old bean. i'll have a look.

5. D41

D41

PJ-1 do a black case paint that's formulated to withstand heat. However, when the mrs dropped her S4 I sprayed it with a regular can from a hardware store...turned out a treat and has lasted 3 years....I would try that first before spending money on engine casings - Can of paint = 4 quid, engine casing = $$$!

6. Yeah just get some high temp paint, my dads used it on his bikes an looks fine

7. kingfixer

kingfixer

I've just had the same engine casing done on my bike with other various parts, i'll ask him what he used when i pick them up this week :D

8. spike

spike

you can also try hamerite smooth black metal paint, but not sure on the temp range you would have to check

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bought these carbon covers as I dropped mine on the track last year, I used heat resistance silicone to fix them to the casings.
    They were an eBay purchase from Germany I think but I can have a look to see if I still have the mails relating to them.

Wished I bought them before I dropped it though :D

[​IMG]

10. gb engine casings for me, saved my oe casings from being cracked when some [email protected] knocked mine over onto a kerb :D

at least ya didnt do it in the pits at a trackday with all ya mates around you :eek: :roll:

11. Tui

Tui

HAHA all good fun though! I deffo like the sound of the carbon case covers. Cheers for the help people.

12. +1 for the gb racing covers. I have a full set on mine and it sure do look purdy...! A usefull point to lock wire from as well with out drilling bits of ally.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest