675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

dropped the bike tonight!

Discussion in 'General' started by 675 hooligan, Apr 5, 2009.

1. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

was out for a gd run with my al boy on his blackbird musta did oer a 100miles we were flat oot like a ducks fit!!!! haha got to about a 100yards from my ma n da's house going round a roundabout doin 15-20 by the time i noticed there was diesel everywhere the bike was skiddin infront of me and i was skiddin down iroad on my arse-ouch! my dad stopped n helped me pick my bike up and a guy came down the road on a r1200 bmw 53 plate saw the diesel but he looked back at my bike then he did the exact same as me!!!! then there was a 3rd biker came down the road but luckily he managed to avoid it,my crash bung took all the damage,1 scuff on the fairing a bent brake lever and a scuff on my mirror and indicator,i was really lucky! the guy with the bmw fucked his side casing,fairings,mirrors,panears just everything,poor c***!!

2. Thaibite

Thaibite

You were very lucky, well both you and the bike were lucky actually. Glad to hear there's minimal damage.

Jean

3. Graham H675

Graham H675

glad to hear your ok fella and only a little damage to bike

4. Rowly

Rowly

Roundabouts and diesel, a lethal cocktail, but as with all spills you can count
    yourself lucky to come away without serious injury and just your pride and of
    course your bike takes the knock, it also makes you angry that you are unable
    to point the blame at the carelessness of the person who spilled the diesel and
    make them pay up for the damage they cause, but thats life and the risk we
    the motorcyclists take every time we hit the road, glad you're ok though ;)

5. Glad to hear that you are OK and that the cost is not too high.

6. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

ive just popped over to my mams house 2 find that the diesel/oil is still all over the roundabout and even tho the police were there last night they have did f*** all about cleaning it up,its a disgrace!!! its the main road through aberdeen aswell....

7. Graham H675

Graham H675

and we pay road tax why????????????????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

8. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

yeh i know,its shit like that,that makes u want to turn in2 1 of them arseholes who has no license no insurance n just drives about goin nutz cuz really wats the fu**ing point of playin by the rules n forkin out on crazy insurance policies n road tax when its all 4 nothing!! the systems a joke and its always the good hard workin people that play by the rules that get burnt! :evil:

9. Rowly

Rowly

Ring your local highways authority and tell them they have a duty of care and
    must take measures to clean it up before someone is killed or seriously hurt
    The local plod should have reported it has a serious hazard and put out warning
    signs until it was cleaned up, they just don't give a fooo..........king sh.t
    If it had been one of their plod bikers it would have been sorted immediately :evil:

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hooligan, drop me a line with what you need to sort the bike I have a few bits lying about the garage ;)

11. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

much appreciated jap but my god father runs a wee bike business so i just gave him a bell,hes orderd me a new brake lever shud be here b4 friday all i need now is a touch up stick and a new bobbin haha its only slight scuffs 2 my mirror,indicator and back foot peg so they'l be ok for now...

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Nice one mate. Any problem drop me a line. ;)

13. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

This sort of thoughtlessness makes my blood boil. What I type next is true. Last summer I saw a VW Passat estate in Sainsbos fuel station - fat slob idiot was squeezing every last bit of diesel into the tank, so I went over to him (in leathers) and pointed out that it was essential not to overfill because of expansion, and the dannger to bikers of diesel spills. He told me to fuck off mind my own business, I gave up else I think I'd have got a whacking. Some people are so dense and just don't care.

14. Rowly

Rowly

Wrong approach Ed,
    Listen you fat diesel spilling biker killing no good piece of s**t,overfill your tank and
    you'll get a spank, if you then get the big fook off take his reg find out where he lives
    then send all your bike mates round to give him some sound advice :lol:

15. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

hehehe,its so true tho motorists dont give a s**t about bikers,they all think weve got a death wish and deserve to die becuz we are all assholes just becuz of the speed of motorbikes even tho u could be driving a nifty 50 and they wouldnt know the difference boils my blood that ppl think that when 9x outta 10 most bikers are sensible in the town area's and are the best kinda motorists on the road becuz there watchin everything thats goin on,and not puttin on there lip stick or feedin there fat face!!

16. YEAH...WOT HE SAID

17. Graham H675

Graham H675

since being on my bike made me a much better driver but i prefer to take the bike just feel more in control