675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

E marked?

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, Jul 6, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

quick question. Does anyone who has the arrow slip on silencer know if it's E marked for road use and can anyone tell me if there is any info anywhere on it's db output?

Cheers

Steve

2. hi steve, the arrow is e marked and road legal, as for db output, no idea but its noisy when your giving it a handfull but not too bad when your pootling about town, havent had any run ins with mr plod yet

3. It is stamped that its legal for road use on a daytona 675.

This is supposed to be with the baffles in.

With them out I dont think it is strictly legal, however when I did my IAM test the examiner was an ex-Police instructor and you are supposed to fail if the bike isnt legal and he never mentioed the exhaust. He did however asay he was surprosed the tyres were road legal lol

4. SteveH

SteveH

Just a bit concerned baffles out it would fail a static test at a trackday thus wasting a ton of cash on a trackday I can't do.

Are the baffles easy to pop in and out then? Or is it a different map req'd for baffles in and out?

Steve

5. Yo be honest I dont think they would fail a noise test. The baffles are really easy to take out and put in. Held on place with a small bolt that originally had a tiny spot weld on.

If you intend running it with the baffle in no remap, however ive never put the baffles back since i got it so had the dealer put a map on.

If you know the rules I can bring a dB meter home from work and give you an approximate noise level.

6. SteveH

SteveH

Hi mate,

It's generally about 105db for most circuits and 98db ish at others and evening events.

I think I should be fine. I'm just tryig to talk myself into one and out of other pipes or full systems as money is super tight ATM. Babys as I'm fast finding out are uber expensive lol ;)

Steve

7. lol np Srteve, the arrow makes a georgeos sound with iout being in ya face

8. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

'e marked' PFFFTT! who cares! I think I cut off the e mark when I chopped the exhaust in half, but if you are worried, get it noise tested at the track and then if necessary add some extra cladding and a smaller end cap.