675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

EMERGENCY! - NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by D41, Dec 16, 2009.

1. D41

D41

Hi, folks! - Had to fly into Heathrow yesterday totally unexpectedly...rented a 675 from a place about 7 miles from the airport for the ride up to Durham in the AM. Trouble is, I'm staying at a friends in Central London for the night & I can't get the bloody steering lock to unlock!! It seems that ignition barrels in the UK are different from US versions & I can't figure it out, none of us can!!!? + The rental place already closed hours ago, so they're no help.

If anyone can help I would REALLY appreciate it, as I absolutely HAVE to be in Durham by tonight...it's after 2.00 AM & I can't sleep with worry.
    My mate Phil doesn't have a phone (total div!) but his girlfriend does....so could someone please call me & give me some advice on how to get this thing unlocked?
    Fortunately his girlfriend lives across the hall - please PLEASE call her at 020 7930 4832 - ask for Liz.

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

3. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Sorry mate I don't have a 675!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn’t know they had steering locks :)

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

Is that for real ? Apologies if it is but you dont fly thousands of miles and rent a 675 in the winter !

6. Edski675

nor give Buckingham Palace's phone number :roll:

7. henrymc

henrymc

KNOB HEAD that one is as old as yourself Darren.

8. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

did you manage to get hold of Lizzie?

9. henrymc

henrymc

Justin, I may be Irish but I did not come up the Thames in a bubble this morning. :lol: :lol:
    That joke was doing the rounds years ago.
    The other one of the time, was a number for Tony and Cheri, guess the joke has just got to California :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

10. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I was trying to play along!

11. Anyone ever read the poem 'Matilda (who told lies and was burned to death)' from the book of Cautionary Tales... :twisted:

12. Edski675

OP has gone VERY quiet.

D41, come in please :roll: Explain yourself :!:

13. D41

D41

:oops: BUSTED!!

- Didn't know that one was common knowledge :erm: - someone posted that on another UK bike forum 'bout 6 months back & a few fell for it, - I thought it was frickin' hilarious!!

- You guys are just too smart, I reckon!! :whaa: :whaa: :whaa: :whaa:

....All done in the "festive spirit" peeps...only for fun! :smileup:

14. Edski675

I didn't believe it at all but posted 'sorted' to flush you out but the U bend was blocked :lol: I mean, hire a 675 to get to Durham - with luggage? Hmmm.

15. D41

D41

Liar! - You called, admit it!!

16. I have to admit if i had been the first one to read the post i prob would have called. Sucker for that kinda things. Crazy fool!!

Good effort though Darren.. :lol: :lol:

17. Don't encourage him...he's like a stray...coax him and he'll stay ;)

18. D41

D41

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

19. Edski675

No I didn't call!!!! I must have 'sailed up the Thames in a bubble' too :roll: As soon as I read it I though 'Phil and Liz - hmmm'

20. D41

D41

Haha! I did try to make it fairly obvious....my post history was the giveaway - two hours to fly from Cali....?