675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Engine light diagnosis

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by baz13f, Dec 2, 2019.

1. baz13f

baz13f

I’m a newbie, having only recently purchased my 2011 675 Daytona. Thought I’d share. I’ve been getting bits and pieces done such as installing frame sliders etc and doing a thorough clean / inspection. I degreased the engine and carefully hosed off, conscious to not get the electrics wet (fairings were removed). The engine light came on the next time I started (ie 5mins later), and so commenced my journey trawling forums for possible causes. A few suggestions were to do 3 heat cycles (starting from cold, getting up to operating temperature - 3 bars). I did this over 2 days (the last two within a couple of hours of each other). I’m pleased to say once it reached running temperature on the 3rd cycle the engine light switched off.
    In the meantime I purchased a “Diagnostic USB Cable OBD2 OBD-II for KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409.1” so in future I can troubleshoot and not have sleepless nights!

My lessons:
    - any water is bad!
    - try three her cycle before panicking!

cheers
    Baz

• Like Like x 1
  2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Welcome to our friendly little forum Baz, and thanks for your helpful first post. :smileup:

3. baz13f

baz13f

Cheers mate
    I’ll no doubt be the one asking all the daft questions. It’s my first bike so lots to learn!

4. Frogcake

Frogcake Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Beetle looks cool.

5. baz13f

baz13f

Cheers mate! She doesn’t move quite as fast as the Daytona

6. Zx128k

Zx128k

Hi there...have you tried the diagnostic cable? Didn't think bag com would work on anything other than Volkswagen..

Yes cool beetle too!!