675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Engine management light is on after something with fuel pump

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Simian, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Simian

Simian

I turned the bike on today (2015 Daytona), heard the fuel pump whirr as normal, but the sound of it lasted 2-3 times what it normally does. The fuel bar said empty and miles to empty was 0. I tried to fire up the bike and after turning over twice just went dead. The button remained unresponsive until I turned off the bike, waited for the fuel pump to do its shut down thing, and then turn the ignition back on. After doing this and all times since the fuel pump has made normal sounds, bike has started up fine and rides as normal - however the engine management light is on.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Is there anything a rookie could look into or do I just need to take it to the garage?

Cheers

2. Bigmac

Bigmac

Just sounds like the pump malfunctioned somehow, it will more than likely clear itself after couple rides by if not there is a reset process although in not certain on it as I use a OBD reader to clear faults
    I think it's let the bike run up to temperature then turn off for ten minutes and run it up to temp again

3. Simian

Simian

OK I'll give that a try tomorrow, thanks pal