675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Eventful few days !!

Discussion in 'General' started by kingfixer, Sep 28, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

It all started on friday morning as i was on my way to london for a meeting, 5.15am on the M4 got pulled by the plod for doing 90mph " we have been following you for 5 miles and you have done a constant 90mph" i said "i know i've got my cruise control on"
    Unmarked car which is hard to see when it's pitch black but £60 fine and 3 points :( :(

As i was going to BSB on sunday i decided to stay at my girlfriends on saturday and leave from there with the other lads in the morning. The dog starts barking at 2.30am the girlfriend gets up to see what's going on then the words you don't want to hear "someone is nicking your bike" as she already her dressing gown on she opened the door and shouted to them as they were pushing it down the road, they looked round shit themselves and just let it drop to the floor !!! by the time i got my jeans on it was too late they were gone. mind you it's a good job i didn't catch them as i would now be in a cell for GBH Any twat who nicks my pride & joy deserves it. The girlfriend said they were very young and were stuggling to push it!!
    Now the bad bit when i turned up at the girlfiends she was cutting the front lawn so i got off the bike and put steering lock on and as normal told her she'd done a crap job :lol: , Then helped har put the mower away. in the process of doing all this I LEFT THE KEYS IN THE BIKE !! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :duh: :duh: :duh: what a complete numpty. the only reason the 2 spotty urks didn't get away with the bike is the immobiliser was on so they couldn't start it!!.

Damage:

Dented & scratched tank
    snapped off wing mirror
    Ruined indaicator
    scratched engine casings
    scratched tail unit
    bent clutch lever
    ruined bar end & ripped the rubber grip

I havn't had a chance to check if the footrest & gearlever are ok, i havn't had a chance to inspect in daylight yet so it may me worse !!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

So of to BSB in my car the whole thing only made slightly better because it was a great days racing & had a good laugh with the lads. Who of course had to tell me they came a diferent way and had a fantastic ride !! :clap: :clap: thanks for that lads, we had good laugh though !!

2. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Mick sorry to hear that,
    good job they were not clued up,
    know what you mean about leaving the keys in the bike,
    done the same up at Squires last year
    but some good soul took them out and gave them to me when i went back to the bike sweating cos i could not find them in my pocket,

3. andysjt

andysjt

thats a shame Mick ,

twas a real nice looking bike too its a shit of a thing to happen

only thing i can say is at least its only bits & bobs that need sorting looks like you will be on ebay soon :D
    or are you gona make a claim ?

4. kingfixer

kingfixer

ebay here i come !!

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Shame to get nicked - don't spose there was much on the M4 at that time of the morning :roll:

Even bigger shame about the bike - it was a minter. Will be again no doubt :D

6. crj

crj

Sad news about the bike, that sort of thing really makes my blood boil, hope the scumbag dog-breaths get what they really deserve.

WTF was Plod doing? Not exactly a heinous crime is it? Particularly at that time of the morning, a pull over and a warning/caution would have been a lot more appropriate and effective. If you'd been doing 36/37 in a 30 past a school, well perhaps...FFS I wish they'd spend their time catching proper criminals instead of boosting their clear up rate stats in this way. By their own admission they followed you for 5 miles, so weren't they driving just as 'dangerously' as you and deserve to be stitched in the same manner? [email protected]@rds weren't from N. Wales were they?

<RANT OFF>

Still a [email protected] about your bike tho'

7. sorry to hear that mick but at least you got it back in one peice and not smashed up or torched...as for the ticket...well you are a speed freak, surprised you didnt pick up a couple coming back from wales :lol:

8. Rowly

Rowly

Sorry to read about your shitty weekend, if you ever catchup with the scum that tried
    to make off with your 675 give em a fooking pasting for me as well :scramble:

Once again its us bikers getting singled out by the plod, thousands of car drivers regulary
    drive at 90mph on motorways everyday, and those unmarked cars, you don't stand a chance
    They may as well be invisible. :down:

Hope you get your bike fixed soon :up:

9. Edski675

I still can't work out how, when you got lost, you found your way back via the long way round and were there before the rest of us :lol:

10. henrymc

henrymc

we should have checked the trip meter on Mick's bike Ed! :rotfl: :jaw:

11. Edski675

We did check the top speeds if you remember :twisted:

12. henrymc

henrymc

Just though. we may have missed Mick's out :lol: :whistle: :salute:

13. spike

spike

sorry to hear about the bike mick, just glad you got it back.
    as for the pull there just f~#kers :(

14. kingfixer

kingfixer

Well been to the spray shop, he can repair the damage and respray all the scratched panels and engine cover for £500 i thought it would be more than that? dependant on how much the mettalic black paint is !! :D

15. henrymc

henrymc

£650 was what i got charged for my paint job Mick
    and all the lettering is painted on no transfers,

16. kingfixer

kingfixer

Good price Henry, but my guy is also repairing the tank and the tail unit which snapped at the fixing point under the seat and repairing the front mudguard which was cracked as well & repairing all the scratches and respraying so i didn't think that was too bad ! :?:

17. henrymc

henrymc

Nope, you are right ,
    you got a good price there Mick

18. Rowly

Rowly

Things are looking up then Mick? I reckon the Phantom black metalic will be around £80+ for
    I/2 litre plus the vat so yeah its very expensive, I've had a little dream more like a nightmare
    since your incident with the scum, I was dreaming that I had left my Gixer unattended for less
    than a couple of minutes with the keys still in the ignition only to turn round and find a fooking
    thieving scumbag riding my bike away, you try and give chase but unless you've got supersonic
    legs you know you're on a loser, I was pleased when I woke up to find it was all a dream but
    makes you more wary leaving your pride and joy for one second where the shit scum arseholes
    of the world are lurking, they should send every last one em to Afghanistan for our troops to
    use as target practice, that would make me feel a whole lot better :x

19. kingfixer

kingfixer

HERE HERE Rowly well said mate scum the lot of them :clap: :clap: :clap:

20. D41

D41

*No offence intended to anyone*

KF - Glad you still have your bike & it's fixable....and YES! - They are TOTAL scumbags!!!

But seriously, if you own a bike, a vehicle that is in very many ways "portable" - It absolutely HAS to be parked indoors - anything other than that & it will be stolen...PERIOD! I understand, of course that that luxury is not available to everyone, but that is the reality of the matter - no-one would leave 6000 quids worth of cash laying on the sidewalk...so don't do it with your bike!