675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Exhaust Options

Discussion in 'General' started by StuRowcliffe, Jun 9, 2008.

1. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

I have put 500miles on my bike now, and while the stock exhaust has a nice sound when you give it the beans, all i can hear most of the time is the gearbox! coming from a big v-twin with a racefit pipe it sounds a bit whiney! So wondering what the Triumph Accessory can is like? or other options, i dont want something ridiculously loud, but just a bit louder across the whole board would be good...

Any suggestions?

2. Remus alloy can sounds great without the baffle, have to drill out a rivet to remove it though which was a pain. Not too loud but loud enough!

3. Bear in mind that the accessory silencer is not legal for road use. If you ride on the road with an illegal exhaust you will invalidate your insurance which will mean 6-8 points and a £5000 fine if you get caught. If you have a crash and the insurance company finds out your exhaust was illegal you may be personally liable for all costs even if it the accident wasn't your fault. This would include any personal injury costs in addition to repairs to all vehicles. I don't want to be a kill joy .. I wanted the accessory silencer fitted to my Daytona. But if you do fit it and ride on the road you're taking a big risk.