675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

EXHAUST

Discussion in 'General' started by RICH675, May 2, 2009.

1. RICH675

RICH675

GOOD MORNING. JUST OFF TO GET MY QUILL END CAN FITTED. ORDERED IT AT THE MANCHESTER BIKE SHOW EARLIER IN THE YEAR £140 FITTED. CHEAP PRICE I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE GOOD. A FEW MORE BITS STORED IN THE CUPBOARD TO GO ON AS WELL. :D

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

£140 sounds like a cheap price - I'll look forward to the pic's! ;)

3. AcB46

AcB46

i always liked the quill looks good and sounds great it is also English and at £140 you cant go wrong

4. That is cheap, or maybe, all the other cans are just overpriced. If it looks and sounds good then who cares.

look forward to pics

5. SteveH

SteveH

I look forward to seeing some pics of this. I'm almost certainly going to be replacing the OE unit on my bike soon and am having a real dilemer about which exhaust to go for. Shortlist ATM is either a Yoshi, Arrow, 2 Bros, or a Jardine. All of which are a lot more money than the Quil seems to be.

Of course if I had it my way I'd just save for the Trumpet full race Arrow system, but as I don't really want to be banished to the shed by the wife I'd better settle for just a slip on tail pipe for now ;)

I'd also be very interested to know if the bike feels any different to ride with the tail pipe on. Mine does feel a little out of breath right at the top of the rev range atm, and I'm unsure whether it's because the bikes only got 1200 on the clock and is still a little tight at that end or whether it just wants to breath a little easier :)

Cheers

Steve

6. SteveH

SteveH

Any news or reviews on this can yet?

Steve

7. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Well cant argue with a deal like that!

I'v also been looking into a new can but not to sure about what to do once the new end is on. Are you guys getting the bike tuned or remaped as i read somewhere this needs to be done :? went to the local and they wernt much help on the subject. Prob cos i wasnt buying from them...

8. Rowly

Rowly

I have just fitted a TOR can and have booked it in for ECU remap as recommended
    from Triumph this will prevent it from running to rich, as for other makes I'm unsure
    what is required but is best to check before you commit to buy ;)

9. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi, just got 2 bro's M5 race can on this p.m. went for a ride but had to put tip/baffle bac in cos too loud ( but sounded awesome) not too loud for me but for the coppers and townsfolk!
    it looks fantastic and even with the baffle in sounds lovely. can now hear the exhaust as well as the airbox.

2 Bro's say the can is made specifically for each bike so does not need any work, just fit and go.
    riding away it runs that little bit better and revs up that little bit quicker, with a little popping on the over-run.

went to York Triumph (A1 Moto Services) they said wud only need race tune if was going to keep the baffle out. so didn't need it. (just in case any1 needs a Triumph Tune they were going to charge £20 to do it. so dont be over-charged elsewhere!)

they also said the bike can adjust itself to the baffled can if u let it idle for about 15 mins. it will make its own little adjustments, which sounds gud to me. will try this at the w'end.

hope this helps and gives some food for thought.

10. AcB46

AcB46

A1 is a top garage i like how you can see the guys working on the bikes.

11. The Fridge

The Fridge

yeh A1 is tops in my book. v helpful and they play music! nice friendly bunch

12. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

That sounds good. Thank you for the advise. And as it turns out its the 2bro can that im gonna go for. So everythin you said is a great help. Thank you Mr Fridge :)

Oh and expect me to be braggin about my new can in the coming months :lol:

13. Rowly

Rowly

I see you've been on my patch again Fridge!!! hope you kept your eyeballs peeled :cool:

14. SteveH

SteveH

Yes I looked at the 2bros can also, but deep in the back of my mind I keep hearing evil voices saying "Spend more, get the carbon Yoshi" with an eary echo ;) Really like the look and sound of the Yoshi can but it is rather a lot of hard earned!

Would be interested in a write up and pic's of the 2bros also though as stil completely undecided ;) Mind you I bet none of them are as loud as our baby on full chat :shock: Blimey!

Cheers

Steve

15. Ive fitted the Arrow slip on and had Triumph dealer dl the tune to run it with the baffles out. Imho it looks great and the souind is awesome.

16. The Fridge

The Fridge

yeh Rowly kept my eyes peeled :roll: tip toed past the fuzz, well as quite as i cud with the noisy can on! :?

17. The Fridge

The Fridge

by the way my 2 Bro's can is the Carbon one (top of the range ;) ) far too noisy with the baffle out, but well noisy enuf with it in! £427 not including fitting.

just a point BigBoulton, make sure they send it with the UK tail tidy, mine came US spec, so until the correct 1 comes ive a custom no. plate hanger to keep legal! :cool:

18. The Fridge

The Fridge

reckon u'd b well chuffed Steve with the sound of the 2 Bro's can.
    the sound is awesome, every 1 has commented on how well it sounds.
    hopefully 2moro that b Sunday, i'll get my brother to video it and put it on you-tube and link it to our site.

watch this space!!

19. SteveH

SteveH

Nice one Fridge I'll look forward to hearing that. One of the guys I ride with has a 2Bros fitted to his blade and it does sound well, but obviously with a totally different engine config it's gotta be a totally different sound :)

Godzilla, when you say the Arrow slip on do you mean this one???

ai20.ebayimg.com_03_i_001_3f_10_dd7e_1.JPG

20. Yes thats the one :)