675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

EXHAUSTS

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Iron Urchin, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

lets have some options , advice and opinions on exhausts for the Daytona 675

what looks good?
    what sounds good?
    what performs well?
    power commander and dyno runs, juicebox etc.. etc...

2. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

for example.... i really like the look and sound of the Two Brothers slip on, it's light looks good (not to everybody) and sounds impressive, i don't think it'll pass noise regs over here but hey-ho.... also i'm not sure if you'd be able to use the heatshield..... can you just do away with it?

Ixil silincers do an unusual looking 3 sliencer slip on which has no weight savings but is very very different to anything else and is legal, just can't make up my mind about those looks.

Kenny Roberts is supposed to make cans for us too, been given a quote of 499 quid but i've never manage dto track down a picture of one.

Jardine also do slip ons for us the list goes on and on so come on , lets have some opinions eh. :D

3. Stu

Stu

I can't comment as I have the standard can. I did hear an Arrow full system and it made my ears bleed. I couldn't ride with anything that loud. :shock:

4. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

i still have the standard can too, but maybe next spring, when i've saved up some pennies i'll change it.

that arrow system that you mentioned is the straight through race system that's why it's so loud, that would be an instant nick on the road :(

just wanted to get some feedback on what people like etc.. , you don't need to actually have the pipe in question. ;)

5. Well i have just had my 675 fitted with the Triumph Optional Accessory silencer, it sounds good, much louder in the lower rev range, where the stock is quite quiet, at the top of the rev range it is only slightly louder, but much more of a racebike type sound! Really like it so far!

6. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

ooooh, i don't think i've seen one of those, you're not talking about the arrow race system are you ? anyway, are there any weight savings, power or torque gains etc....

i'm gonna have to go surfing for a picture

sorry about the overlap of threads, didn't come across the original "exhaust thread" until after i started this one :oops:

7. I have taken some pictures, which i will upload to the pictures section shortly and add a link here!

No Power Gains, Slight Weight saving, Triumph describe its purpose as providing "better tonal quality" which it does, sounds great!

8. Zmok

Zmok

I've got an M4 can - Sounds very loud!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Little bit of extra torque too!

looks like this
    vvvvv
    ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc317_Jezmok_DSC00876.jpg

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well I'll have to go with Stu with this one as I have the Triumph Sports Box, needed a £25 repm - but well woth the £££ Love the Sound and with the Carbon Cover & End Cover looks fantastic.

Mind I did see a Grey 675 going up Whalley road in Accrington with THREE Round Carbon Cans sticking out the back looked Fantastic but a little Too Loud for my taste. :twisted: No idea what make can's thow. :?:

10. hi guys, just fitted a scorpion to mine, 190 quid in stainless (they also do titanium and carbon)from the stall at the n e c, dunno what they retail for normally, looks quite nice and sounds good (with the baffle out) but not too loud and is a straight swap for the original with no map change needed..i can arrange pictures if you want some...as for torque gains and stuff, no idea, but the sales blurb says there is...happy new year

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Come on then lets see the Pictures :cool:

This Mine............... :twisted:
    ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675040.jpg

12. i'll post them tomorrow, dont know how to work my camera in the dark, waaay too complicated :lol:

13. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

heres the pictures, i think, its all a bit confusing for us technophobes...if you cant see them they are in the gallery

14. well bugger my socks, it worked

15. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Very Nice in Deed.................. That looks the Dog's ;) Nice one Nigel

Have you used the orignal number plate braket?

Just a quick question how do you add Gallery button under your name, and pics to gallary for that fact?

16. why thank you sir, prefer the look of yours though but i wanted something that i didnt have to change every mot...still using the original number plate hanger but looking at a tail tidy..the only bit changed was the can itself...as for pictures, it was more luck than judgement but i think its something to do with the user control panel, top right of the page or the gallery tab, top left, i think theres a tutorial on the main index page somewhere..hope that helps a bit

17. I recently had a 'Two Brothers' carbon can fitted...it sounds awsome, picture posted soon.