675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Expert Evening - 24th January 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by Craig, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

HTML:
    <center>
    [news]https://www.675.cc/upload/images/eetitle.jpg[/news]

"Dispelling the myth of performance tuning"
    HTML:
    </center>
    Here at 675.cc we're constantly looking at ways to gain more information and knowledge. In a bid to extend that possibility we've devised a system where-by you can put a question to the expert. The expert's response will be in the form of a video stream but you don't need a web cam in order to participate.

In conjunction with T3 Racing, we're proud to announce our first Expert Evening (EE) will be held on the Tuesday the 24th of January 2012 at 8pm. Tony Scott will be taking any question relating to "Performance Tuning" with the aim to dispel the myth of how complicated people feel getting extra out of your motorbike could be. Whether your question relates to road or track bikes and no matter how trivial or simple it is Tony will be offering professional advice to ensure you're getting the most out of your bike.

The evening is 100% free and all you need is a computer with an internet connection and Adobe flash installed (which 99% of computer users already have). We'll be unveiling the new chat system where it will be held very shortly after we've tested a couple of other things.

The order of the evening:
    We're not sure of of the response we'll get, as this is a forum first and hasn't been tried and tested on other sites (making this unique to 675.cc). We encourage members who wish to participate to pre-post the questions in the form of a PM to myself or as a email to craig@675.cc . I'll try to ensure the best questions get put into the schedule, other than that it'll be a free 4 all to ask questions there and then.

A little about our guest speaker:
    Tony Scott is the Director of T3 Racing. Not only T3 Racing organise and runs the Triumph Triple Challenge they also offer tuning and maintenance at their work shop near Brands Hatch. Tony has had a lifetime of motorbike experience ranging from professional racing to superbike school teaching and has been involved in numerous high-profile projects/events. Recently Tony has been creating the Ace 904 Thruxton Special ( http://www.t3-racing.co.uk/thruxton/index.htm ) which in it's own shows the amount of experience is on offer with the Expert Evening in terms of technical knowledge.

We hope that the evening is a success, depending on the feedback and success of the evening we may continue with further evenings covering a spectrum of topics. We look forward to seeing you there.

awww.675.cc_upload_images_exexam.jpg
    HTML:
    <center>
    [news]https://www.675.cc/upload/images/eee.jpg[/news]
    HTML:
    </center>

2. fkkr1s

fkkr1s Moderator Staff Member

3. Mr2oons

Mr2oons

4. Craig

Craig

It's going to be a good event; hopefully everyone will get a chance to ask questions no matter how small or how trivial they may be. The response will be personal with a video feed, we'll also try to post the video feed onto youtube once the event has finished for future reference. Depending on how successful it is will determine when and if we hold further events etc... :)

5. D41

D41

Sounds like a great idea...but due to the time difference in The Colonies, will it be possible to watch it afterwards??...I realise that there's not a lot of us on here, but I thought it was worth asking as I have about 12,687 questions I'd like to ask??

....All of which I am about to PM you.

:twisted:

6. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

7. Craig

Craig

lol, yup - going to record the session. It'll most likely be posted on youtube. :D

8. rockjock

rockjock

Im also in Pm sent to ya craig

9. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

I'm in - I'll think of something intelligent to ask and pm it on to you Craig. Might take me a while......

10. D41

D41

11. Craig

Craig

Under a week to go, I'm not sure how the server is going to handle the video - in theory it should work! :lol:
    For the event between 8pm-9pm the small chat bar on the bottom right will be disabled to minimize any potential server issues. We're also recording the video conference with a HD camera which we will upload a day afterwards; so don't worry about missing anything or if you experience any server problems during the chat.

I'm looking forward to seeing this working, and hopefully it's something we can continue with throughout the year with Tony and other speakers who wish to participate. :)

12. Craig

Craig

Don't forget folks... This Tuesday at 8PM. :D

13. D41

D41

Craig...the chatroom for the Expert Evening requires a password to enter it?????

:?:

14. Craig

Craig

It'll be sorted on the day. . . ;) There's nothing there at the moment. :p

15. Craig

Craig

Triumph have been superb and given us a plug on their facebook fan page. Hopefully it'll all go to plan, due to license and server limitations we'll be only able to house 100 members on the chat at any one time. If this is insufficient we'll raise the bar on the second Expert Evening.

Only a day to go! :D

16. Craig what`s happening with the password , a general sort of thing or maybe your login password ..

17. Craig

Craig

The password thing wont exist on the evening. It'll be unlocked - just a temp thing. :)

18. Captain Steffydog

Captain Steffydog Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant evening, cheers guys

19. D41

D41

A lot of fun....we need a rider/racer for the next one!!