675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Exup Valve

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by keithspurs2000, Apr 12, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

This exup valve business is doing my head in. It's been to the dealer to get fixed which they did but the light went on again on the way home. I fixed it myself yesterday and the light went off but come on again after a few miles. Just fixed it again and it was really stuck this time but it freed up nicely. The light is off again but I think the copper grease is just burning off. Anyone lube theirs with anything different? The replacement part hasn't turned up yet either.

2. T3 Racing will remove the Cat & Exup Valve see http://www.t3-racing.co.uk go to Performance Products/ Performance Engine Parts they charge £110.00 on an exchange basis.

Not sure about remapping but i am sure they will advise.

I have not had the problem yet myself but if (sorry) WHEN I do I will certainly look into it.

Let us know if you find out any more info.

3. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

just had a look there mate. doesnt appeal to me at the minute. ill see does my latest ''fix'' sort it. failing that the dealer is still going to replace it.

4. RICH675

RICH675

Hi Keith. I have an awful screeching noise from [according to the dealer] the exup valve on the exhaust. This occurs after the ignition is switched on and the bike has initialised [after immobiliser been on]. I have been told that this is normal and just lube it up regularly. I don't think this is correct and feel it needs replacing. Is this similar to your problem or has anybody else experience with this fault? Cheers Rich

5. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

it could be mate although im not an expert by any means. ive just only figured out how to do it myself. it really is a pain in the hoop though. you will hear a ''different'' noise if it is stuck as the servo thing will be straining trying to turn the exup.

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

I picked mine up yesterday from Fowlers in bristol having had the exup valve done, when i rang them at 5pm to see if it was ready they said they couldn't free it, it was stuck solid and they might have to keep it in overnight :eek: . They rang me back at 5.20 and said they had just freed it so i picked it up and give it a blast just make sure the light didn't come back on which it didn't :D . i'm glad i didn't attempt it myself :) .

7. Rowly

Rowly

Kingfixer you should try and diy or at least keep it well lubricated, from what
    folk have experienced with this pesky little thing you could be back and forwards
    to the dealers every time the dam thing seizes up ;)

8. Mine has been fine so far (only 2.5k on it though). To avoid this problem, how do I lubricate it?

Sorry, if I've missed this in a post somewhere else.

9. kingfixer

kingfixer

Yes Rowly i agree i must try harder ( like being back at school) :lol: :lol: i will keep it lubricated from now on. :D :D

10. Rowly

Rowly

Yes thats the way to go Kingfixer education ,education, education :lol:

11. Hmm I would like this explaining as well, with pictures ofc, I dont even know what it looks like :/

12. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

send me you email zilla and ill send you it