675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fairing removal

Discussion in 'General' started by ustt, Sep 17, 2008.

1. ustt

ustt

Hi All
    I have just bought a Beowolf rad cover and need to fit it , Just wondered if there were any nasty suprises with the fasteners on the 675 or is it pretty straight forward to remove the panel
    Cheers
    Andy

2. Stu

Stu

Getting them off is quite straight forward it's getting them back on that's a bit tricky. Undo all the little plastic fasteners underneath and around the rad area. Unscrew the plastic screws and pull the whole thing out. Undo all the allen bolts including the one on the infill panel. The panel has a push fit plug on the trailing end as does the triangle bit below the rad. Just pull and these will pop off. Don't forget that the indicators are attached so pull the plugs apart and that's one side off. Repeat for the other side.

Fitting them is the same but in reverse. The tricky bit is that the way it goes together underneath is some interlocking affair. One round lug goes on top and the other goes underneath. Just make sure that everything lines up.

3. ustt

ustt

Thanks Stu
    I will give it a go on saturday when I have plenty of time and dont have to rush :?
    Cheers