675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fatherhood

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by henrymc, Dec 4, 2009.

1. henrymc

henrymc

Well i never thought i would be saying this at my age, (I will be 48 in April) but my girlfriend will be having our first baby in June if all goes to plan. That's the reason i will not be going on the Europe tour next year, i will be changing nappies or contemplating it at least. We call it the bump at the moment. :scramble: :rotfl: :rotfl:

2. kingfixer

kingfixer

As i said before henry congratulations, just wait till you see those smelly nappies :eek: :scarper: :rotfl: :rotfl:

3. andysjt

andysjt

congrats Heny to you & yours , i would have another today if my wife wanted , kids are best thing ever

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Aw Henry - that's fantastic news!!!!!

I became a dad at age 37, at a week's notice. The last 11 years with our beautiful daughter have been fantastic :cool:

5. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Well done Henry, I thought i left it late at 40!! I've had 12 fabulous years so far with my daughter, best thing ever :clap: :clap:

6. woohooo, still life in the old dog then.. :D :D congrats mate

7. D41

D41

Dude!! - Are you serious?? - That's AWESOME!!!...Many congrats, truly & from the heart, mate - kids are the absolute best!! I 'inherited' two boys when I married Mrs41...initially I didn't want to have my own with Mary as I thought I'd favour my own & thought that would be unfair to the other 2 boys...but being a father really does change your perspective upon life...it can be hard at times, but I wouldn't give it up for anything!!

Congratulations, Henry.

Darren.

8. henrymc

henrymc

Thank all you guys for your Congratulations,
    From my girlfriend Jo, the Bump and myself, :wave:

9. Rowly

Rowly

Fantastic news Henry, keeping my fingers crossed everything goes to plan and you are rewarded with the best thing that two people can have a beautiful healthy baby, totally made up for you mate, congratulations to the both of you :clap: :clap: :clap:

10. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Henry! I became a Father again at 43 and have gotten more out of being 15 yrs older with this son than I ever did with No1 son. :D
    Being older (not wiser I fear) does have benefits after all!!

Hope all goes to plan, no drama's and all 3 of you enjoy it all!

P.S take plenty of pics, especially in the next few months, Mrs G didn't much like her photo being taken during pregnancy, but now we only have 1-2 pics of that time, and now she misses a record of it all. It's a blank spot, pics normal at the time we announced it, and pics in maternity ward, but zilch in the 6 months where she was "showing". Self- image thing.

11. Congrats!!!! I just Had my first boy Last September 16. It is a WHOLE NEW WORLD. I dont care what kind of adrenaline junkie you are or intense situations you have been in your life. They will in no way compare to the thrill that will run through your entire body the second he/she is received. If i could give you any advice you may not think you wanna see the whole process of the birth due to the graffic nature. Dont miss it!! It is an amazing experience the instance your child arrives. Best of luck and wishes to you and yours

12. D41

D41

I have to agree with "superdave" - they're only 2 kinds of people in this world - you're either a parent.. or you're NOT - the difference is staggering!!

Hope he/she doesn't end up lookin' like this, though:

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss151_DarrenPickering_DSCI0372_edited_1_1.jpg

...Now that, that might cause a problem!! :lol:

13. henrymc

henrymc

If it's a boy Darren,
    He will not get much aggravation looking like that hansoms devil, when he is growing up :rotfl: :rotfl:
    But hopefully if it is a girl she will take after her mother, :wave:

14. D41

D41

I'm just giving you a hard time, mate - not everyone can be blessed with my rugged, chiseled good looks!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, - as long as it's a healthy child is all that matters. There is an excitement that all prospective parents experience, (& no doubt you already know what I'm talking about) that is indescribable.

15. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I became a dad at the age of 37, at a week's notice. We couldn't have kids by natural means, and fertility treatment didn't work, we drew the line at IVF, so we adopted. We got a call from the social worker to come over quick as a baby had become available. A week later, we brought her home, amidst great tears of happiness :D

16. D41

D41

Similar story for me Ed, - kinda...me Mom & Dad adopted their 1st child (my sister) when they were 41 & 37 respectively, and myself 2 years afterward. - Actually that's not accurate...their '1st' child passed away at the age of 2, my Mom was devastated by that (understandably so) & they both settled on adoption as an alternative to potentially losing another child of 'their own'.

17. henrymc

henrymc

There are some people who I know, that I felt a little bit off, telling that Jo and I were going to have a baby.
    One was a mate who's missus is Diabetic and as such is in a high risk category when it comes to having a healthy baby, they are a lovely couple and it's a pity that they have no kids.
    Another is a mate of mine who lost his wife a couple of years ago (no kids) and has just had his prostrate removed at the age of 44.
    The third is my younger sister who's husband had leukemia some years ago and because of the treatment he had to have can not have any kids also, they have tried IVF several times but with no success.
    Then I meet Jo and seemingly with not much ado we are expecting a baby.
    Life deals some people strange hands of cards sometimes.

18. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Henry I completely sympathise with your situation.

When I had to tell family & friends about Em falling for our son (planned), I was really worried about the reaction from my younger brother and sister.
    My brother couldn't have kids as he was sterile from puberty due to a minor medical problem that went unnoticed for too long as a teenager, and my sister had miscarried after about 3 & 1/2 months - about 6 weeks beforehand - and that would have been her first.
    As it turned out, my Sister fell again within 6 months and now the two cousins get on great, - my Sister was really good about it and was actually concerned for offending us when she announced!
    My Brother was Ok as well, but strangely his wife took it badly, although she was a self professed Career woman that didn't want kids.
    Can't account for folks eh?

Incidentally my lil Sis is in your neck of the woods at Welbourne now, marrying a "Yellowbelly" many years back, moving after they both got sick of life in the "Smoke" chasing careers.