675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fault Light

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by keithspurs2000, Mar 27, 2009.

1. keithspurs2000

keithspurs2000

My engine fault light came on the other day and i booked it into the dealer. They rang me yesterday to tell me they had fixed the fault (exup valve) and i could come and pick it up. Just went and picked the bike up and the light came on again on the way home. I rang the dealer again and they're ordering me a new exhaust part. :D Can anyone tell me what is is they are changing. Surely its only that particular part of the exhaust. Also when it's changed has anyone else had a reoccurance of the same problem or does it fix it permanently.
    cheers.

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

The exup valve is a common problem with becoming out of adjustment - it controls the pressure in the exhaust and increases low rpm torque. Usually a simple fix from the dealer, though like all things can be the start of numerous things. Have a look at mike675's posts in the following thread -> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=201
    He had probs with the valve getting stuck open, making the bike go into a sort of limp mode - caused by cold weather allegedly :?: Always fight for the warranty; from what I've seen when most people have had it fixed, it hasn't returned but then that's not to say it wont happen again :evil: maybe someone who's had first hand experience of this can elaborate a bit more.

Keep us posted on the situation! :)