675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Favourite roads

Discussion in 'General' started by redseven, Nov 20, 2009.

1. redseven

redseven

Hello to all. What are your favourite roads or ride outs and why? Obviously within the speed limits. I'll start with the A414 in Essex between Chelmsford and Epping. A single carriage way with gentle bends from Chelmsford, a few small roundabouts, then some gentle twisty bits around North Weald. Coming out of Epping, turn left for Theydon Bois and the crooked mile. A twisting up and down stretch of road. Watch out for picnicers! End up in Abridge where there are three pubs. Turn right for Chigwell,left at the second roundabout, enjoy another short twisty section. Then calm down for the speed camera's through Hainault.

2. D41

D41

Damn, dude - there's so many!! Drove a cracking road near Skegness last year, & another from the A1 to Northallerton the year before, but hell, - I'm always lost when I'm in the UK, so couldn't tell you the names.

3. spike

spike

my favorite road hmm not sure of the A road number but its the bala to transfynnd road (incidentally we rode it on the annual meet, so those who went know which road i mean ;) )
    it is the perfect biking road very fast with swooping bends and a great ***mph left hand that is just awesome :twisted: .
    it really does bring the best out of not only the d675 but also your own riding abilities.
    also if your not that quick its so picturesque you will still go wow!
    but for those that dont like hanging around when you get to the end you will be grinning like a loonie and saying omg WOW! lol

4. redseven

redseven

Yes, Lincolnshire has some nice roads. I did a ride from Bourne to Grantham then Sleaford many years ago.I can't remember the name of the roads or the actual route. I read it in a magazine somewhere. The roads were well surfaced with bends you can actually see around. Nice.

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

+1 for that.This road is awesome :D

6. Rowly

Rowly

The B1257 Helmsley to Stokesley, 16 miles of biking heaven and one of the most scenic routes in North Yorkshire, it meanders like a river cutting its course through the edge of the Cleveland hills and has everything to offer with fast sweeping bends, long straights in this idyllic bikers playground, the plod love it as well.

7. Alston to the Hartside Cafe, then onto Penrith. Unsure of Length but takes between 15-25 mins, depedin on speeds hit!! :)

ALSO Road from Alston back to Barnard castle.. Simply fantastic! Some beauty twists n nice knee down opps :)

Bring on the nice warm dry wind free days!!!!!!!!

C ya all up there! :)

8. henrymc

henrymc

A favourite rout of mine is the A607 from Lincoln to Grantham, then the A52 from Grantham east, then pick up the B1176 old Somerby to Corby Glenn.
    Then the A151 from Corby Glen to Bourne, from Bourne take the A15 north to the A52.
    Then take the A52 all the way east through Boston all the way to Skegness continue all the way on the A52 from Skegness north to Mablethorp.
    From Mablethorp take the A1104 to Maltby Le Marsh then take the A157 to Louth.from Louth take the A157 to Wragby then the A158 back into Lincoln.
    Yea I know it is more than one road but its some of the best roads that I do on a circuit.
    Its makes me think, as I am not working this weekend.
    I may give it a ride tomorrow? Other single road that I do is the B1398 From Lincoln to just outside Scunthorpe and then back again but only do this road as a short ride as I prefer long runs on the bike.

Spike wrote my favorite road hmm not sure of the A road number but its the bala to transfynnd road (incidentally we rode it on the annual meet, so those who went know which road i mean ;) )

Yep that is one awesome road Spike. I remember it from the 675 meet, got to say they were all good roads that weekend, Its the A4212,

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

+3. I love the road from Shrewsbury to Bala over the Berwyn Mountains, it's tight and very twisty. But from Bala on to Trawsfynydd on the A4212 is even better. It goes around the top of Llyn Celin with a fuck off left hand bend that's just awesome. Get out the road atlas and have a look at that bend... I've seen two members on here do it at 85, and one did it even faster. I'm not saying who they were :lol: As Spike says - fast open straights, lovely open corners that you can see round, the scenery will blow your mind, it's wild Welsh hills and lakes with birds of prey swooping overhead. Fantastic. And when you get to the fuel stop at Trawsfynydd, you turn round and do it again :D

10. RICH675

RICH675

+4 But don't big it up too much. Lets keep it quiet for us 'Northeners' ..

11. Edski675

Mate that's mean, it's 20 miles of orgasmic motorcycle perfection. If ever a road was designed for bikes, this is it :cool:

Shameless advance plug for a rideout I'm planning to Abersoch for the early part of next year, partial rerun of the fest last Sept, we will be doing this road :D :D :D Maybe two or three times :cool:

12. redseven

redseven

So west midlands and Wales is " Northern" I never knew.

Everything's relative :lol:

13. It's all about the isle of man....

14. redseven

redseven

Hello Hazza, I thought you had left? You have been quiet lately?

15. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Hazza, we missed you :wave: :wave:
    Yea the Isle of Mann has some great roads and outside the restricted traffic areas there is no speed limits + the locals are very friendly and helpfull,
    West coast of Scotland is good also, in fact I think you can not go wrong anywhere up there, great scenery, good surfaces on the roads very few cameras and not much traffic on the roads at any time,

16. the roads around essexc and finchingfield are brilliant and my hunting ground around summer

17. henrymc

henrymc

No disrespect Curtis but you got to try the roads Ed took us on on the 675 annual meet,
    I think you would be very impressed.
    I have been all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland on motorbikes plus South Island New Zealand and Ed's pick of Roads that weekend come very near the top of the list in my opinion.

18. Edski675

Venture a wee bit north west next spring. We're going to Abersoch, it's on the Lleyn peninsula - the bit of north Wales that sticks out into Cardigan Bay. You gotta come :!: I pinky promise you that it will repay the trip from Essex.

19. sounds like a plan let me know when

20. well after watching top gear last week romania here i come :D