675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Floppy Damper

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by OnlyOneWayHome, Apr 3, 2009.

1. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

While working on the bike, I have noticed that I have a floppy damper. I dont remember the damper on my gixxer being floppy and the one on my mates ducati isn't. Could someone do me a favour and see if they too have a floppy damper and if it's normal please?

I have circled the image below as to where it flops.

Attached Files:

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

My first 675 was like that, and i was told they all are ! To be honest ive not checked the new one, but will do once i get home .

3. mine does it too, thought it was loose so tried to tighten it...probably something to do with steering geometry and the fixed point, it twists as it opens and closes, if you get what i mean :?:

4. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

i was out getting a new helmet today and there were a couple of 675s in the rocket centre and they had a floppy one too, so I feel fine now.

Thanks for checking for me guys.

5. The floppy damper is normal on some bikes. My 675 has it and my R1 was the same

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:ugeek: So now we have a "flopydampersareus" sub memebership :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to know you caught 3 675's in the same place at the same time :ugeek: :ugeek: