675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Forced into Riding!

Discussion in 'General' started by StuRowcliffe, Oct 21, 2008.

1. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

Hey all

Apologies for my lack of appearance lately, work has been manic!

Anyway i thought i would share my tale with you, which has forced me into riding my bike every day! :roll: :lol:

Last Wednesday, i got up at 5am and headed up to Scunthorpe from Southampton for my first meeting of the day, drove up and had my meeting, followed by two meetings on the way back in Corby & Leicester, before heading into London to oversee some night works my company were doing. Anyway the job in London started at 8pm, we were doing some road maintenance work, and had parked my car up in the roadworks, the job was a complete nightmare, and everything that could go wrong did, about 11 o clock i was heading back and forth getting bits from my car, no more than 2mins after last getting something, i go back and find my car has gone, along with the keys from my pocket! I am 100% sure the keys didnt drop out of my pocket, so in the 30' of busy london street from car to job i had my keys knicked and car gone! Police wrote to me on the friday, saying they had closed investigations having not found it.

I got a lift back with the guys who were working up there with me and got home at 4:30am, 23 1/2hrs after i left. lol

I was then to be told by my insurance company no policy in the UK offers a courtesy car when your car has been stolen. So i am carless pending the insurance companies investigations. Which means come rain or shine, im out on the bike! Which is great, except for seeing her get dirtier and dirtier from my daily commute! :(

2. Stu

Stu

I go everywhere on the bike. 40p a mile and 50+ to the gallon :)

3. Stu

Stu

Meant so say. I hope you get the car sorted soon. Was it yours or a company car?

4. StuRowcliffe

StuRowcliffe

Company car, but still annoying, hopefully be sorted next week!

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

How frustrating; those type of mishaps really get to me. Kinda sums up the situation that the UK is in right now; especially seeing that statistically crime rate is on the up. As good as bikes are I always find myself opting for the car on the daily commute, the bike isn't as practical as I would like when it comes to work purposes.
    On the plus seeing that it was a company car shouldn't have too much of an effect as if it was your own car, just a inconvenience... I bet you're not taking your eye of the 675 whilst you're using it for work purposes now! paranoia always sets in I find after something like that! :shock:
    Good to see you're still around, been bit of a manic few months also on my end of things, been moving place (mission) and trying to get into the swing of things at work... time goes so quick :(