675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Fun Ride

Discussion in 'General' started by Stu, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Stu

Stu

I've spent 5 days in the last two weeks in our Teesside office and the run there and back is very boring. A1 & A19 which is full of cops. Coming back yesterday I decided to bail out and hit the country roads going through North Allerton, Thirsk, Ripon and Harrogate. I had no map or Satnav with me so I just made it up as I went along. What a really nice change to hit some empty decent roads instead of the grind of commuting.

I was supposed to be there agian today but I'm in the smoke at presant but I've just been asked if I can make Monday. I can't wait as I'm going the back roads there and back even if it's p1ssing it down :)

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I relish the back roads these days on a bike, not so much fun in a car however. Always a good to divert into areas that are unknown, the UK really does have some great roads that have low traffic making it perfect for the motorbikes. If only I wasnt working this week the weather has been half decent but cold... next week looks rubbish so pack your waterproofs! :)

3. Daytonadave

Daytonadave

did you get lost!!! on way there and back Via Haws and Devils Bridge :lol:

4. Stu

Stu

Hawes to the Bridge is a great road but too many unmarked cop cars and bikes. Every time I do that road I see someone pulled up by a plain clothes car. I try to avoid it now. Selby district has some grate roads and it's hand for Squires cafe.