675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Gadgets – the new ‘mans best friend.’

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Earlier this year I bought an IoBox which is a NMT (Network Media Tank)
    This is a media player that recognises nearly every format there is plays it back on your TV.
    When I bought it I also got a 500 GB hard drive as this filled in up no time so I have just ordered a 2Tb HD for it.

This is what it look like and more info can be found… http://www.dragontechcorp.com/products/iobox-100hd.htm

Any other gadget magnets here :)

[​IMG]

2. D41

D41

I have NO idea what any of that means...I'm a dinosaur, I guess :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous

Layman terms coming up :geek:

An IoBox is a device that you can put a hard drive inside and copy film/music/photo’s and documents onto it.

You then plug into your TV and watch/listen/view them.
    What makes these things so good is that they will play almost every format available.

So if you copy a CD or DVD (for back up purposes of course) or download things from sites such as iTunes you can play them back on this device.

The biggest attraction for me that that I have hundreds of films/ thousands of songs and photo’s all in one place.

This is a very cleaver bit of kit that can be networked and the internal hard drive becomes full, you simply connect a USB hard drive and view from that.

Is that clearer
    :D

4. D41

D41

Not really, but don't mind me - I still consider Betamax to be 'state-of-the-art'.

5. Dude we need to have a chat!!! about the technologies you call state of the art!!

I love my gadgets too at present im streaming it through my family entertainment hub otherwise known as a PS3. The current Mrs andykb loves it as she can look at pics of the kids in 37inch lcd.

But i want to get my hands on a Qnap NAS and start storing stuff on there

6. I love my gadgets too. It's my job as well as a hobby. I have debated whether to get some kind of media player, network, player, storage thing but everytime I look into it I just end up thinking, why don't I just plug in a laptop?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous

All I can say in response is that I don’t know many laptops with a 2Tb HD. :D

Seriously though, these things are purpose made for the job and are a doddle to setup.
    I used a laptop for while but got fed up of switching cables, choosing the right player and simply opted for one of these.

What’s nice about this is choice of video & audio format outputs to choose from and it can be networked too so you can drag n drop files directly onto the HD.

8. D41

D41

I like watching the bits in the "Bourne" movies where Jason is plugging in phones & copying stuff real slick-like...I just sit & watch, amazed.

9. i have a 1tb external hard drive, I could use that. The laptop outputs all the same stuff and I can go on the internet too. I can even choose my interface or software package. As for the Bourne gadgets, sorry but it's not real.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous

Couldn’t the same be said about the TV, radio, music player, telephone as my laptop ticks all these boxes too? :lol:

11. Yep. It's only a matter of time. I saw some new build in Australia, they all come with your home server. You can then put a dvd in the server and watch it from any tv in the house. Your fridge will order new milk when you're about to run out. It could email or text you when your house alarm goes off. etc etc. Only a matter of time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous

Aren’t you describing a housewife? :lol: