675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Gear light indicators

Discussion in 'General' started by Falkirk300zx, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Falkirk300zx

Falkirk300zx

Hi all,

I've not posted for a while but with that lovely little spell of warm-ish weather, I have now broken the 100 mile barrier but still got that annoying 200 mile left of breaking in to go!

I was reading my manual as I wanted to have the gear lights come on with a new light coming on every 1000 rpm till 7 lights at 14000 rpm. If I'm reading the manual right (it is possible??), it claims I can.

However..........

I press the 2 buttons, chose scale, press buttons till tacho is displayed and then problems!

I get A1000 displayed what next? I press the button and watch the needle change on every press etc. This sets the lights coming on at high rpm. On A100 setting the lights come on far too soon (Why?? any reason for such a small setting?).

I have read the section back to front, upside down and even read the arabic bit to see if it was any clearer, but no!

Can you set the lights to come on from say 6000 upwards, or is it all actually preset? (off, 3 lights, 7 lights, scale on A1000 and A100?)

Thanks

2. hi mate, mine come on at 12000, they were set when i got the bike...dunno how to change them, i cant even reset the damn trip counter. :?: .good luck with it

3. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Nigel I'm with you - I can't reset the trip either, the buttons are too stiff and the garage is too cold to sit out there to experiment.

I like it when the lights come on, the fireworks and all - means I'm about to hit the limiter :mrgreen: It's great fun in 3rd - and oh that noise :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I set mine when I first got it and was advised to have them come on from 6000 rpm as max tourque is at 8000 so anything over that is just noise............................. :? :? :?

Personally they need setting at 8000 and maxing out at 10000 but I must say it was a dodle :shock: :geek:

Just take your time and dont over run. Mind who really watches them anyway when I mazzing over Owd"Bett's i have enouph on getting the Beats round the bends and missing the on comming muppets in the middle of the road....... to give a stuff :cry: :evil: :twisted:

Happy Riding folks ;) ;) ;)