675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Good weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by jimjam39, Apr 20, 2009.

1. jimjam39

jimjam39

Managed to get ot on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. On Saturday I went out with the missus on the back (her first time on a sportsbike, and my first pillion on the 675), and she loved it, which means I'm going to have to fork out for some proper kit for her (we begged, borrowed and stolen stuff for her first ride) :D . Sunday I went out on my own, and thouroughly enjoyed it, especially as its now run in and I can give it some stick :!: Was a totally different ride with a pillion on the back though, I must admit I think I was riding the smoothest I ever have (trying not to scare the missus) and hopefully it will make me a better rider. I've ordered a tribo seat cover already and some Love handles (no laughing) so she doesn't slide around so much. Any way as I'm off today as well, and the sun is still out , I'm going out again for another blast up to Bala for some Lunch :)

2. andysjt

andysjt

me too i got out sat & sun both late afternoon rides one with me mate on his r6 & one on me own
    both good rides noticed the return of the fly season bike & lid was plastered when i got back

3. Rowly

Rowly

Good on Ya jimjam, You're lucky her indoors wont get on the back of mine, she used
    to go on the back of her dads Norton dominator in the late 60s and scared the sh.t
    out of her.
    As for getting out today, not a chance taking advantage of the dry weather for painting
    the outside of house, maybe get out later in the week if the sun stays out ;)

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

weekend was fantastic, went riding across the south coast into wales - loads of bikers around the beacons and some fantastic roads - thankfully no plod were around... at least I hope ... saw a few 675 riders along the way also! :p

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

Another good little run today :) roads were really quiet up to Bala, making it easy to get a good rythmm going, seemed to get there in no time at all :eek: . Going to check the weather later and if its nice I'm off to Barmouth tomorrow :D

6. got the new toy out on sunday, 200 miles down, 300 to go

7. jimjam39

jimjam39

Its the longest 500 miles you will ever have to do :!:

Unless you buy another new one of course :? :)

8. i know, but got to do it quickly...cant wait for the first service :D