675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Got it!

Discussion in 'General' started by GuyP, Apr 4, 2009.

1. GuyP

GuyP

Finally got my 675, hooray! Picked it up from the factory where I also met Paul Young who I'm sure is known to everyone. Followed him to his race workshop in Ashby and had a look at his 09 bikes (slightly regretting my choice of GPR pipe having seen the evil Arrow can in the flesh). Took some out-of-focus pics for my first report in the paper (out 15 April I think) and rode home without the benefit of insurance, as I later discovered. Totally, utterly, completely bowled over by the bike. So much power in all the right places, so beautiful to look at and so purposeful, so light to steer and what an induction honk. Makes you realise how very wrong we were all to imagine the Japanese had set an impossible benchmark with their anodyne, muted and cold-feeling 600s before the 675 arrived. Huge kudos to Triumph and I'm glad I can finally, for real, see what you're all on about.

2. Rowly

Rowly

At last I hear you sigh and pleased to know you can revel in our euphoria.
    Great words to describe the beloved D675, who said we couldn't give the
    Japanese a run for their money, and now a great British icon has evolved.
    PS, Guy you can drop the disguise now I've had a face lift as you can see.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. That's great news, I look forward to reading your articles.

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

:lol: :lol: Great to see you back on the site Guy, so any chance of a couple of sneek preview pictures on our gallery? And maake sue we get a line or two in the paper....................... :D :D :D Big Up www.675.cc please :lol: :lol:

So when we going to get to see you on one of our meetings and ride outs :?:

Anyway enjoy the ride, stay safe, have fun and give em hellllllllllllllllllllll :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: :ugeek:

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Oh! by the way Guy has your bike arrived with the Pirelli Corsas on which look like "slicks" :?:

Saw a 2009 in Philip Youls today when I picked mine up and the tyres are MAD!!!!! Good luck in the rain if you have, make sure they are warm before you start to play ;)

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

So your bike is new - how high have you taken the engine - I mean rpm - it gets sweet at 10K :lol:

7. redfreddie

redfreddie

Nice one Guy, I've only had my new bike 4 weeks but i'm loving it, the arrow end can has turned up so waiting to get that fitted and get the bike run in then the fun really begins ;)

8. GuyP

GuyP

Ey up! I've posted a coupla pics from my visit to Paul Young's race shop in my gallery. The first ride out on my bike! Thankfully Triumph had run it in for me (132mph on the trip computer top speed recorder thing, so obviously a nice gentle run-in!) so I've had all the blue lights flashing. Feck me, is this really how fast 600s are these days? The thing's epic. It's also had a proper, proper thrashing today - Scott Smart spent two hours tazzing it round Donington national circuit for an upcoming feature (I'll post some early pics asap). Holy moly I don't think I've ever heard a bike sound as good with a standard pipe. But it pulled at my heartstrings to see it being treated so roughly (1m 19sec laps). It's fairly used up my Diablo Supercorsas too!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. GuyP

GuyP

Incidentally - check out how high and wide his bars are...

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Great pictures Guy. So where is your bike I take it its the red one :cool:

Just out of interest who picks up the tab for the tyres and servicing of your bike?
    How long are you running the test for and do you keep the bike at the end?
    When do we get to see you at one of our many meets?

Sorry mate just a naturally inquisative bad speller :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

What is the rear subframe made of it looks thicker on the race bike?

And look at the size of the exaust pipe its masive :?: No emmission test for that fat boy :roll:

12. I like the colour scheme of the race bike

13. Stu

Stu

Note to self. Must get some bar risers. It may help my cornering. Thanks for the pics Guy.

14. ooooooh yes, i bet that sounds good. :twisted: