675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Got the bike home!

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveH, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Quick post as lots of cleaning to do. Went to collect the bike yesterday evening from the Stroud area (I live near Oxford). Lovely sunny afternoon, lovely and sunny to pick up bike, lovely and sunny leaving to get bike home. Half way home hit the single most torrential downpour. Thunder, lightning, hail, ridiculously heavy rain. Gutted!

On the plus side once I'd managed to 'ride the storm' as they say, came out the other side and it was warm enough to dry me out by the time I got home.

First impressions....................

.........LOVE IT! quick and nimble, comfy but purposeful. All I can say is "Watch this space", oh and I'll get some pics up at some point to but as there seems to be a wealth of Masterbikes on here I suppose it's nothing you guys haven't seen before ;)

Cheers

Steve

2. Rowly

Rowly

Sunshine!!! what the hell is that, we've been basking in the gloom for the last
    few days in East Yorkshire, but still better than the torrent of rain you had to
    endure, wouldn't wish that on anyone, first impressions appear good then
    Steve, long may it continue, Get your pics posted in the Gallery, they may
    look the same but its the folks who ride the 675 that makes them all the
    more individual :D :D

3. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

We had a downpour here in the west country too. first we seen for a wee while but i didnt get caught in it. And a shame it was on your first ride.

Get those pics on here mate. Only 100 of us masterbikes out there so they are a rare beast and it doesn't matter if its seen before I'm sure most people hear can't get enough 675! :D

4. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Not sure if this is going to work but as requested heres a couple of pics of my new toy. Difficult to see from the shots but the previous owner has spent quite a bit on some Pro-bolt goodies, so lots of nicely coloured bolts and fixings dotted about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice extra bit of carbon on the tailpipe cover, although once I have a few more pennies saved I've no doubt the exhaust will be replaced with something a tad more race inspired ;)

[​IMG]

Note the chicken strips. This was before I had even rode the bike so I know it's been run in nice and gently :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally my favourite shot I have so far!

[​IMG]

I do have some questions though. Firstly other than the sticker saying Masterbike is there a plaque or anything anywhere as I have nothing to say it's an official one even on the original sales invoice from Triumph. Just curious as to know what number I have out of the magic 100.

The other one I have is, when I test rode a 675 it was an '09 model with a blue lit dash but mine is more white in appearance, is this just a pre '09 thing or a special colour dash lighting for the Masterbike.

I'm planning on laying my hands on a single seat cover, and some other goodies but for now I'm well impressed. So chaps, fire away, what do you reckon?

Chers

Steve

5. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

There should be a cert with the bike to say what number it is. If not, and this is a guess, the VIN number is dedicated to the masterbike so you should be able to get in touch with triumph or even your dealer.

The pillion cover makes a huge difference. looks ace!

By the way the bike looks ace. Makes me wanna get out on mine!

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

If you contact Triumph I'm sure they'll get you a duplicate certificate if you tel them the VIN thingy. I bought my bike new and it took a lot of chasing to get the cert, I emailed [email protected] - Fowlers gave me the email address, bloke is in their sales and marketing department.

I suspect that your bike came from Fowlers. Am I right? Cos mine did, and big Phil there told me that quite a few of his bikes did not have certificates with them.

I like the pics!!! The last is deffo the best!!!

On chicken strips - you've still got those Supercorsas on. The profile is so steep that it's damed hard to get rid of the strips, TBH I don't care about mine - I still have them even on Conti RoadAttacks.

Ed

7. SteveH

SteveH

Hi Edski

Yes will be contacting Triumph on Monday when they are back in the office. I called the guy I bought the bike from, who said he didn't receive a cert, and called the dealership the bike came from, who were very VERY helpful in giving me some contacts at Triumph to ask. The dealer was Performance Triumph in Cheltenham, so big thumbs up to them :)

To be honest other than the most local dealer to me, I've found every Triumph dealer I've spoke with to be most helpful, and keen to help or assist where they can. Shame my local one seems all a bit up himself and Elitest, kind of like he's not interested unless your going to buy a new bike from him every time your there, if you know what I mean. Just means he's already lost my business to another dealer though, and that was before I'd even bought the bike lol.

On the chicken strips front. Well I went for a little bimble yesterday and managed to shrink them a little bit, but I'm off out with the lads today so I imagine they will be considerably smaller once I get home. You are right though the profile is very steep on the side. Personally I'm a bid fan of the Dunlop Qualifier RR's so will probably try them next. The bikes a weekend toy so won't see rain (well hopefully not again anyway), will be tracked at some point but not that often (babies and house stuff to spend money on first lol), but this does mean that tyre life is kind of irrelevant to me as it'll still take a while to wear even the softest tyres down. Besides having swapped my last bike which was insanely heavy compared to the 675 it's taking some getting used to so I'm not really beating myself up about not being uber quick ;)

I am however seriously considering some stop grips, or something like them so I can hold on as I'm finding under hard(ish) acceleration I seem to be slipping off the rear of the bike which is slightly un-nerving, but again perhaps I just need to get used to the bike. Maube a single seat cover would be a better purchase?!?! Who knows unless they try ;) I'll get one at some point (probably for Christmas lol)

Will keep you posted on the cert front.

Cheers

Steve

8. The Fridge

The Fridge

4 sum 1 who doesnt no ( that b me! )
    can any 1 tel me wot the 'masterbike' is, being 100 of them?

9. Graham H675

Graham H675

nice example of a master bike fella

Fridge Master bike is an award for bikes and triumph done 100 limited editions to celibrate winning the master bike award it came only in graphite and had carbon heal gards, rear hugger, front arch, upper chain gard and exhaust top cover all in carbon also some extra stickers lol

10. SteveH

SteveH

Well first call to Triumph and it would appear they have no way of getting duplicate certificates and the guy I spoke to said there was no way of findng out what number my bike was as they don't keep records like that which I find quite hard to believe.

I'll try emailing the contact above next to see if that gets me anywhere. If not I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree and I'll never find out :(

Fingers crossed then!

Steve

11. Rowly

Rowly

If there were only 100 made of this limited edition then a chassis number of the
    bike should identify what number it is and triumph will have a record of it.
    Like you say Steve hard to believe they don't keep any records, it sounds like
    he couldn't be bothered looking.

12. SteveH

SteveH

Funny I was thinking exactly the same thing LOL

Still I've emailed off so hopefully I'll hear something soon. I'll keep you all posted.

Steve

13. The Fridge

The Fridge

ta Graham H675. now i no.

14. Graham H675

Graham H675

chassie number should be smttmd106672932** **=00-99 whatever number the last two digets are add 1 and that is ur mater bike number eg if they are 43 the bike is number 44 of 100

15. SteveH

SteveH

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa Cool.

That makes mine number 49 then. So pretty much halfway through the run :)

No response from Triumph yet but I'll give them a few days to see what they come up with.

Steve