675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Greetings from The Big Smoke

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by graycat, Jun 11, 2009.

1. graycat

graycat

Morning, all!

Just thought I'd pop in, say hi, have a look around and buy a virtual round of virtual drinks at the virtual bar.

I think I recognise some of you boys n girls from the D600.org site and before but for those who don't know me .... I'm based down in Londinium after moving from Leeds. Have had a D600 for the last four or five years and rocked up a few miles and a couple of trackdays. However the time has come to trade her in for a 675 so after a test ride at the weekend I've ordered a sexy new black one which will be later in in the month.

I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit trying to workout what does what on the bike and picking the brains of you gurus for information :)

Graycat

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome! Hope you'll find it useful here, lots of knowledgeable chaps / chapesses here. Gone for the box standard 675 09? or got any additional extras? :)

3. graycat

graycat

Hey, Criag

Yep, she's pretty much bog standard at the moment with just an alarm being added next week before pick-up. I've started looking at crash bobins and engine armour first but I'm sure a new end can etc won't be too far behind - just to make it run better of course ;) lol

4. Welcome :)

Quickshifter is the way to go

5. andysjt

andysjt

hi mate welcome to the site

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

Hi Graycat welcome, what part of the smoke are you from :?:

7. SteveH

SteveH

About time we had some more members at this end of the country ;)

Welcome along :)

Steve

8. chalk up another one for the best colour, ( cant say "black"...not P.C ) :D welcome graycat and go for the arrow can, sounds BITCHIN :twisted:

9. spike

spike

welcome graycat, good bunch on here but you will get stick over colour choice though :D
    i might as well start :lol: sorry to hear you didnt get the best colour neon blue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    had to follow the crowd i see :shock:

10. Why would he want Nean Blur, instead of the fastest colour - RED :D :D :D :D

11. Stu

Stu

Ban him. He's not welcome here :D

12. Stu

Stu

Well bugger me Tim, it's about time you got rid of that rust bucket and got a proper bike. No falling off this one though. I see you've gone for the fastest colour :D

13. Stu

Stu

Forgot to ask - is it an 09 model?

14. Thaibite

Thaibite

Oh my god, I thought we had got rid of you ;) . Only joking Tim, good to see you fella, what have you been up to other than buying yourself a decent new bike. Pity it's a wrong colour :D

Jean

15. All my fault I'm afraid. I think Tim spend all day gazing at mine during our Donington Trackday :D

I know you won't be disapointed dude. Looking forward to Mallory 01Aug.

Kev

16. graycat

graycat

oh you guys are such kidders! Everyone knows that you should always be on black :ugeek:
    Nice to know the "colour wars" are still alive and kicking on here too :)

Oh yes, I'm now officially stalking Stu and Thaibite. Again. ;) Well, from London at least.

Kev - I do blame you. It was going to be Stu's fault as I liked them back when he got his first but managed to ignore it. Then Donington Park happened and it just looked so good going round the track that I had to have one. Sorry, nothing to do with you being on it ;) lol

Stu - Yep, 09 model brand new and just for me! :twisted:

17. Look at the 2nd pic - Graycats checking me out :D

That was the moment he decided he wanted a 675 and decided not to do pillion laps of Donington with his Silver Daytona600 with grabrail :D :D !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Stu

Stu

You were always a bit slow but it's nice to see you've caught us up. Try and keep this one the right way up. :lol:

When do you pick it up :wave:

19. Stu

Stu

Oh come on - be fair. The grab rail makes it soooo much easier to pick up when he drops it.
    :scarper:

Sorry Tim I couldn't resist that cheap shot

20. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member