675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Grown up / Rant and rave area

Discussion in 'Comments, Suggestions & Site Questions' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

What’s the thought behind an area where colourful language can be used as I'm currently reading a story about a drunk student who pissed on wreaths placed on a war memorial.,, and want to comment about it…
    I think the yanks call this (NSFW) Not Safe For Work :eek:

On another site I frequent there is a section just for stuff of this nature.

Answers on a postcard to Craig :lol:

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

I sense a can of worms being opened :!:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous

Is that a can opener in your hand? :?:

4. henrymc

henrymc

I can hear them tapping on the lid,
    only thing is if Craig did let that happen then it could get out of hand
    i am not against it but as it is their is a lid on things :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous

Perhaps I should have phrased it better as I'm not suggesting that open season be declared on each other or breaking the site rules. (Just read them and agree on the text talk rule)
    It’s a suggested progression as the discussion of the ‘best colour’ or ‘bike spotted somewhere or other’ is going to give up the ghost sooner or later. :lol:
    Communities grow and with that, so does the topics that will be discussed along with our favourite steed!

Anyway, it’s an idea, nothing more, nothing less...

6. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I'm all open to the possibilities of opening new forums, just not sure I'm following this thread so I will clarify.

NSFW forums usually contain funny but very incorrect images and videos that really the last thing you want to do is open the thread at work.

Or are we suggesting a "Bitching" forum, where members can vent steam about political topics and any other every day event. Obviously none of which is directed at users and the posts are uncensored and limited moderation.

I like the idea of either, I just don't want to drown members with an array of forums on the main index. Possibly a sub-forum in the "off-topic" forum could be a direction to look at... I'm open to looking at possibilities even to trial to see how we go, just got to point me in the right direction to what everyone wants :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous

Venting about political topics and day to day events has hit the nail on the head.
    (Not graphic images or XXX stuff as there’s plenty of sites for that)

There’s one thing that Brits excel at and that is satirical wit, I imagine we have a few masters here.

(There are some interesting/shocking facts on Sweden I would like to share but not sure where to post them.
    As I said, reading the story yesterday about the drunken student taking a piss over a war wreath was also something I wanted to comment about.)

PS. It can be made a member only area so it's not visible via search engines

8. crj

crj

9. D41

D41

Not much into the 'colourful language' idea...Not I'm a saint or anything, I swear as much as anybody - but only when I can't think of anything intelligent to say.

No "You must swear constantly" jokes!! ;)

10. henrymc

henrymc

maybe best not to have it where Visitors can see it, just a idea,

11. Anonymous

Anonymous

Colourful changed to Expressional as I'm not really into swearing for the sake of it nor did I really mean having a ‘swearing like a trooper’ section. :lol:

12. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Ok I had a little fiddle with how to fit the forum in. There'll be some rules to accompany that forum in due time. The forum will be "Limited Moderation" meaning use of inappropriate language is permitted as long as it's in context, not aimed at any individual and not in excessive amounts. We'll see how this forum pans out, and in the long run if it doesn't work out we can always make a u-turn. :)

Depending on user feedback we can change the viewable options of the forum the following ways,

limit it only viewable to registered members
    password protect the forum, the password would be available with the rules

Well lets see how it goes, if anyone has any suggestions or feedback post here. :)